5 Must-Have Summer Beauty Products
As a beauty writer, I live and breathe products. There is a constant flow of new skincare, makeup and hair products making their way into my hands on the daily, so it’s a big deal when I declare that I’m “obsessed AF” with something. This series will detail the products that are *everything* to me right now.
I’m prepping for a couple weeks of traveling, so my mind has been focused on summer beauty products that I can use on the go and abroad (eeek!). Packing for trips stresses me out big time, so these fresh discoveries will def find a home in my suitcase next week when I take off. From my new must-have travel beauty product to a dry shampoo that’s so much more than that, here are five beauty goodies that’ll add some color and radiance into your warm weather routine.
1. Kate Somerville Goat Milk De-Puffing Eye Balm ($38): ZOMG. I will be re-purchasing this product for life, y’all. I am obsessed with how it makes my eye area feel and look — and it’s an absolute must-have for airplanes or long road trips. It comes in a balm-like stick, which makes it totally mess-free and safe to toss in your purse. Immediately after applying this stuff underneath your eyes, you’ll experience a really refreshing, cooling sensation that works wonders for depuffing and soothing the entire eye area. Have I mentioned how much I love this stuff? ;)
2. PÜR COSMETICS Double Ego Dual Ended Eyeliner ($21) in Rio De Janeiro: This eyeliner has quickly become my go-to for a few reasons. First and foremost, you’re getting a lot of bang for your buck because of its retractable pencil on one end and liquid tip on the other (another product that’s perfect for traveling). The liquid tip makes creating a cat eye super simple, while the retractable pencil is great for bringing out your upper and lower lash lines. It doesn’t smudge but washes off easily. Hip, hip, hooray!
3. EVER Glow Body Renewal Oil ($55): If you’re anything like I am, you’re trying to get your summer glow to last as longggg as humanly possible. This bronzy oil is packed with shimmer that’s actually really subtle on the skin — promise — and leaves behind a fresh-from-the-beach glow. It smells fresh (not overpowering at all) and absorbs quickly so you don’t have to worry about it rubbing off on your clothes. Five stars!
4. Maybelline Baby Lips Glow Balm ($4): I’ve loved Baby Lips for a long time, so I was excited to try this new version that promises a “personalized pink glow” based on pH pigments that adjust to your “personal lip chemistry.” Quite a claim, right? I love swiping this product on when I don’t have time to think about what lip color works with my outfit because it gives off a subtle wash of pink. Not only is the color pretty and natural, but the formula rules. My lips always feel hydrated and soft with this stuff (even on an airplane!).
5. ALTERNA Haircare Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo ($22): You already know that I turn to this dry shampoo as a texturizing spray, but it’s also a holy grail dry shampoo (which is what it’s intended for, duh). Just a couple spritzes of this stuff right at the root of your hair mops up any and all oiliness resulting from not washing your hair (or product buildup) — all while leaving behind a yummy scent.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty obsessions.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.