13 Oil Paintings to Upgrade Your Wall Art Game
Gallery walls have been a *huge* trend over the past couple years. It’s such an easy way to take a boring wall from drab to fab in an instant. If simple framed prints are taking over your space and you’re ready for something new, opt for some epic oil paintings instead. Hanging a few of these around your house will pack a BIG punch. Check out our faves below.
1. Beach Print ($23): If you’re on a budget, go for a print of an oil painting instead. The blue and pink hues in this one remind us of the beach, and we’re not mad about it.
2. Jewel Tones ($15): Pick up this jewel-toned mini canvas in the B+C Shop. At just $15, these bad boys are affordable enough to hang a few next to each other. They might be mini, but they’re totally mighty.
3. Guacamole ($1840): Found: The perfect canvas to hang in every guac-lover’s kitchen.
4. Abstract Print ($19): Is your apartment lacking in the color department? Choose an abstract print with bright hues like pink, yellow and turquoise.
5. Girl Boss ($5,000): Okay, so this one might be a bit of a splurge, but it’s *perfect* for the ultimate #GirlBoss.
6. Hints of Gold ($38): This canvas would go perfect above your workspace. Pair it with a few gilded office accessories and you are good to gold.
7. The Alps ($360): Colorful? Check. Abstract? Double check. This has everything you’re looking for in a modern oil painting.
8. Blues + Yellows ($63): Not a pink person? Then this blue and yellow abstract painting is totally your style.
9. Giant Strawberry ($1,350): How cool is this one? This artist couldn’t have fit more color onto the canvas if they tried. Rainbow strawberry FTW.
10. Color Study ($60): Make a big and bright statement with this color study canvas. And for just $60, you can get a couple and make an even bigger, bluer statement.
11. Punchy Chair ($219): Nothing screams modern wall art like a painting of a patterned chair, right? We wouldn’t mind having this chair IRL.
12. Abstract + Geometric ($305): If you’re not ready to hang a chair on your wall, this simple geometric canvas is a great way to make your living space unique.
13. Colorful Pup ($73): Let’s end things with the cutest (and most colorful!) pup ever. Make a statement above your couch with an oversized piece of art like this four-legged cutie.
What’s your favorite piece of art in your home? Show us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)