18 Pastel Dresses for Every Spring Affair
After months of puffers and pea coats, we’re more than ready to pack away our winter layers for some new spring duds. Sure, the weather may be unpredictable, but it also allows for light layers, printed jackets and a peek of skin. In between all your picnics and bike riding, spring is also full of dress-worthy occasions, like showers, brunches and of course, weddings. Pastel dresses are the perfect match for this green season, so we’re betting you’re gonna want to try one of these for your next event.
2. Whitney Eve Organza Overlay Dress ($148): ’90s flair meets elegance with this spaghetti strap dress. An organza overlay and seafoam green color make this dress a great spring date piece.
4. Lace Inset Cami Dress ($150): Those perfect sunny spring days call for an airy dress. Slip on this light lavender piece and slide-on sandals for an effortless ensemble.
7. Faux Leather Dress ($80): Wear this short-sleeve frock to work with a blazer and oxfords for a #girlboss look. Add a statement necklace for a pop.
8. Peach Maxi ($54): This easy, flowing piece will stun at a spring soiree. Its layered look and back closure add pretty details while keeping this dress fresh. Just add a metallic sandal and printed clutch to complete your look.
10. Lavender Shirtdress ($1490): Okay, we know this one is a major splurge, but how chic is this lavender number? A shirtdress is a classic; wear it with flats and a satchel bag for a show-stopping work look.
11. Asymmetric Printed Wrap Dress ($28): Sport this flowy frock to any spring affair. The hem will have you twirling down the blooming sidewalks.
13. Baby Blue Shift ($30): Throw this crisp frock on for weekend errands, or wear to the office with a cardigan. Its embellished shoulders give it a unique touch.
14. BB Dakota Alva Lace Midi ($130): Wear this to a wedding or make it casual by adding sneakers and a denim jacket. Either way, this dress will be a great addition to your spring and summer wardrobe.
15. Blue Trapeze Dress ($69): The neckline of this dress is as fun as its flowy skirt. You’ll want this dress for all those sunny days at the park.
16. Lace Print Collar Dress ($98): This sophisticated frock has adorable details and can take you from the board meeting to happy hour with your besties. Wear with white lace socks and bright oxfords for a preppy look.
17. Ombre Maxi Dress ($295): Dance the night away in this flowy, strapless maxi. With a statement bracelet on your wrist and contrast colored clutch in hand, you’ll be prepped for everything wedding season is sending your way.
18. Cozy Spring Sweater Dress ($224): Those spring showers may be raining on your parade, but that doesn’t mean your fashion should suffer too. This soft dress is perfect for kicking back and relaxing with your fave book.
What pastel piece is your spring go-to? Let us know in the comments!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.