17 Ways to Make Decorating for July 4th a Blast
Oh say can you see… 4th of July is next week! It’s time to get crackin’ on those party plans. Whether you make a splash with a festive pool party or heat it up with a backyard BBQ, you’ll wanna make sure you’re ready with decorations that’ll blow everyone away. Scroll down for some of our favorite buys and DIYs for the perfect patriotic celebration.
1. DIY Fake Sparklers: These sparklers are totally cute and way safer than real fireworks. Use them to garnish a cocktail, as a cake topper or as a photo booth prop — the possibilities are endless. (via Brit + Co)
2. Confetti Star Balloons ($3): Your party is sure to sparkle with these confetti star balloons from BalloonUp. If you feel like getting crafty, we’re sure this would be a super easy DIY.
5. Star Marquee ($5): The fireworks won’t be the only things lighting up your celebration with this star marquee. It would look great on a dessert table, on its own or in a cluster of red, white and blue along the wall or fence.
6. DIY Water Blob: If you are sans pool, this DIY water blob is a perfect way to keep cool during warm summer parties. Kids will have fun jumping and slipping and sliding along the festive float. (via Club Chica Circle)
7. USA Shaped Cutting Board ($48) This versatile cutting board can be used to display a cheese spread or serve appetizers. And honestly, you’re gonna want to use it all year long.
8. DIY Kite Garland: There is something about flying a kite that is so quintessentially summer. This festive garland would look great draped over a dessert table, or as a photo booth backdrop. (via Brit + Co)
9. Painted Lawn Stars: All you need is a piece of cardboard and some spray paint for super easy, patriotic decor. You could even use washable paint and do the same on your sidewalk. (via The Concrete Cottage)
11. 4th of July Cupcake Pack ($12): Your cupcakes and tasty treats are sure to be the star of any party with this Americana cupcake kit.
14. Chalkboard Quote: Greet guests with your favorite patriotic saying as they enter the room. Alternatively, you could also have guests write down their favorite things about ‘Merica for a memorable keepsake. (via The Golden Sycamore)
16. Patterned Paper Straws ($12) : No matter what you’re sippin’ on this 4th, you’re sure to be celebrating with the bright stars and stripes on these paper straws.
17. American Flag Goodie Bags: Have you guests leave your party with a sweet treat and a smile. This goodie bag is so simple, and has an array of candy sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. (via Brit + Co)
What are some of your favorite decor ideas for the 4th? Let us know in the comments!