Get the Scoop on Peach Cinnamon Chip Ice Cream
One of my biggest summer loves is stone fruit. There is nothing better than the most perfectly ripened peach. Peach season seems to come a little later here in Vancouver, and now I find myself scrambling to make as many peach, plum, and apricot recipes as fast as possible. A recipe of mine would not be complete without another layer of flavor. Typically I reach for a spice or herb to pair with fruit, and these cinnamon chips that I found are perfection. Cinnamon + Peach: hello peach cobbler!! Cinnamon, peach, cream, and sugar?? Please welcome Peach Cinnamon Chip Ice Cream.
– 2 cups chopped fresh peaches, peeled
– 1/2 cup sugar + 3/4 cup sugar
– the juice from 1/2 lemon (about 1- 2 tablespoons)
– 3 tablespoons maple syrup
– 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
– 2 cups heavy cream
– 1 cup milk
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 4 egg yolks
– 3 tablespoons cinnamon chips + more for topping
1. Place chopped peaches, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a bowl. Place covered in the refrigerator.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar, heavy cream, milk, and vanilla. Bring to just a boil over medium heat.
3. In the meantime, whisk egg yolks in a medium heat-safe bowl.
4. Once cream reaches a boil, remove from heat. While whisking, stream in about 1/3 of the mixture into the egg yolks. Return cream-egg mixture back into the saucepan and combine.
5. Return to heat and continue stirring until the mixture thickens slightly.
6. Remove from heat and pour into a heat-safe bowl set in an ice bath. Cool for about 30 minutes.
7. Pour in the juice from the chopped peaches and combine. Return entire cream mixture to the refrigerator until completely cool (about 2 hours).
8. Pour cold mix into chilled ice cream maker and churn according to the directions of the maker. Just before frozen, add in the chopped peaches and cinnamon chips.
9. Transfer into a freezer-safe container and place in freezer until ready to serve.
10. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon chips.
The only bad thing about this ice cream? It is too delicious not to eat the whole batch at once! It’s also impossible to take a bad picture of ;)
What are your favorite ice cream recipes? Tell us your favorite flavors in the comments below.