If the first thing that comes to mind when you think of peanut butter is jelly, then you’re doing something wrong. Don’t just let that jar sit lonesome in your cupboard for the day you might want to smear it on a slice. Think outside the bread box and make the seemingly impossible, possible. Check out this list of 11 peanut butter dinner recipes so you know it’s definitely an acceptable way to end your day.
1. Shrimp in Thai Coconut Sauce: There’s no going wrong with succulent shrimp swimming in creamy coconut-y and peanut buttery sauce. For more flavor, toss in cilantro and slices of red jalapeño, and squeeze as much juice as you can from a lime wedge. (via Foodie Crush)
2. Thai Chop Salad: This deliciously simple salad is going to bring joy to your taste buds and color to your day. It’s made with crunchy red cabbage, carrots, green onions, and enough cilantro that we’re not sure if we can call it a garnish. (via Olive and Artisan)
3. Crispy Peanut Tofu Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry: Sticky cubes of tofu are tossed in the marinade-like sauce, but not before they’re baked THEN pan fried. That’s the key to make it as crispy as possible. (via Minimalist Baker)
4. Thai Peanut Soup With Grilled Peanut Butter Croutons: Some might think this is peanut butter overload, but we’re so ready to dip that golden crouton in the hearty soup that’s spiced with jalapeños. (via Half Baked Harvest)
5. Slow Cooker Thai Chicken With Peanut Sauce: If your life is a little more hectic than usual, you have to try this recipe. Allow chicken breasts to cook in what we promise will be a tasty sauce made with garlic, soy sauce, and honey. (via Five Heart Home)
6. African Peanut Soup: Picture this: thick and filling soup made with creamy peanut butter and chunks of sweet potato. (via Feasting Not Fasting)
7. Thai Cauliflower Rice Salad With Peanut Butter Ginger Sauce: Cut calories (and carbohydrates) with this cauliflower salad that has crunch and texture. The sauce is made with the perfect duo of ginger and peanut butter for some creamy heat. (via The Awesome Green)
8. Peanut Chicken Zucchini Noodles: Go as zany as you want with this zoodle recipe. The ingredients are not just tossed in a peanut sauce; one of the ingredients is peanuts for some extra nuttiness AND crunch. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
9. Satay Chicken With Peanut Dipping Sauce: Grilling season might be over, but we know you’ll make an exception for these chicken skewers. You can eat them alone or pair it with your favorite salad. We recommend something Asian-inspired. (via Well Plated)
10. One Pot Peanut Sauce Soup: You’re going to love this time-saving recipe. We promise. It’s as easy as chop, toss, and wait 12 minutes for a soothing bowl. (via Vegan Richa )
11. Peanut Chicken Skillet Low Carb: This entrée is simple because it’s just that good. All you need is a veggie-packed side for this skillet-made dish. (via Peace, Love, and Low Carb)
For more peanut butter-laced recipes, follow us on Pinterest!