17 Tasty Ways to Enjoy a PB+J Beyond Lunch
Oh, peanut butter and jelly, it’s been too long. We’re sorry. If you’ve found yourself neglecting the childhood classic in favor of nouveau flavors like Nutella and Biscoff, now’s as good a time as any to revisit an old-school fave. These 17 creations go beyond the regular ol’ sando to make the throwback fit for palates of ALL ages.
2. Glazed Peanut Butter and Jelly Donuts: Jelly-filled donuts are delicious enough as-is, but using a homemade strawberry-rhubarb-chia jelly and adding peanut butter takes things to the next level. (via Half Baked Harvest)
5. Peanut Butter Jelly Pie Sticks: If PB+J isn’t your jam, feel free to swap in your favorite filling (Nutella, anyone?) instead. The tender cream cheese crust is way too tasty to miss out on. (via Spoon Fork Bacon)
10. Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches: We’re loving this play on the peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Here, jam and buttercream are nestled between two chewy peanut butter cookies. (via Curly Girl Kitchen)
11. Peanut Butter and Nutella Rolls With Concord Grape Glaze: PB + J plus Nutella makes these soft rolls super irresistible. Cinnamon bun, who? (via Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt)
13. PB + J Granola Cookie Clusters: Peanut flour adds an extra helping of protein to every handful of these crunchy clusters. Serve ’em with a side of berries for an extra jammy experience. (via The Nutritious Kitchen)
15. Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake: A spoonful of Kool Aid is the trick to making the buttercream spread over three layers of tender-crumbed cake extra grape-y. (via Confessions of a Cookbook Queen)
16. PB+J Overnight Oats: Packed with fiber and omega-3s, these oats will have you feeling good on the regular. Stir up several cups to have on hand for easy grab-and-go breakfasts during the week. (via Delish Knowledge)
What PB + J recipe are you going to whip up next? Will it be for breakfast, lunch or dessert? Let us know in the comments.