15 Must-Try Beauty Trends from the People’s Choice Awards
Good news ladies! So far this year we’re already seeing spring’s biggest beauty trends in full force on the lovely ladies that attended last night’s People’s Choice Awards. No matter what their age, skin tone or style, these celebs all donned simply executed hair and makeup looks that delivered a high level of refined elegance — that’s very good news for all you DIY beauty buffs out there! We broke down our favorite looks into five beauty trends, from wine-stained lips to up-to-the-heavens hair, each totally achievable at home and just as wearable. Scroll through to see the best hair and makeup from the PCA carpet.
Bellamy YoungThe Scandal actress is ushering in a new classic with her brow shade. Most women’s eyebrows tend to vary in shade and rarely match their current hair color, but Bellamy has managed to execute this exactly. The warmth in her brows brightens her entire face giving her a glow to be reckoned with. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
2. Bella Throne: Bella’s brows are matchy-matchy with the darker hues in her hair, a trick that subtly but effectively ties together her entire look. For a similar effect, apply a powder that’s slightly darker and richer than your tresses and highlight around your arches to make ’em pop. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
Sadie CalvanoThe young Mom actress’ brows appear to have a slight auburn tint to them, matching the hue of the babylights on her strawberry-blonde locks, which gives her a slightly edgier look. Girls with growing roots, take note of this beauty trick. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
<b> Ariel Winter</b>The Modern Family actress’ eyes are all about that sparkle. Fine blue glitter not only takes her dark lids to the next level, but accentuates her brown eyes and dark vixen lashes. Confined to just the lid, as opposed to sprawling out like a smokey eye, the glitz feels extremely sophisticated.
Sarah HylandTwo words perfectly describe the Modern Family actress’ icy eyes: big and balanced. Especially when applied heavily around the inner part of the eye, a light, shimmery powder brightens your gaze just like that. Coupled with the sweeping lashes, which accentuate the outer corner of her eyes, Sarah’s set get a elongating lift fit for a princess.
6. Giuliana Rancic: Nude glitter is our new obsession thanks to the E! host, who shows that a trace of glitz is better than no glitz at all. Layers are key to this eye look, which creates a gradient from the brown base to that covetable glitter and then finishes with matte off-white powder, creating a shimmering halo around the entire eye.
7. Kristin Bell: The brand new mom shows off the easiest way to wear this hair trend, both on and off the red carpet. Just pick the side your hair flips toward most naturally and create a short part that starts on your head at the very center of your eye. Finish the the style with messy waves for a look as effortlessly beautiful.
Dramatic Side Part
Ellen PompeoThe Grey’s Anatomy star makes a good case for long bangs with this wavy updo that cascades elegantly to her chin. With this hairdo, it’s less about the part itself and more about the body you can get from that flip. As you can see, the more naturally the hair falls, the better, so be sure to have a texture spray on hand — you don’t want your mane to look too perfect.
9. Sarah Drew: Sarah’s strawberry locks are classic bombshell curls, sweeping and swooping to glamorous heights all thanks to the dramatic side part, which helps the hair achieve that flow. It might be the oldest starlet-approved trick in the beauty book.
Katherine McPheeWhile others were swooning over Katherine’s black and white, *we* were enamored by her red. This cool red lipstick, which we’ll call a spicy marsala, compliments her skin tone to a tee, which makes her dewy skin and luminescent eyes gleam all the more. It’s hands down the best bold lip look of the night.
Kat DenningThe 2 Broke Girls star pairs a graphic cat-eye with a just-bitten lip to mimic the gothic romance of her black lace dress and nailed it. If you’re smitten with her vampy stain, remember that chapped-free lips are a must.
12. Sarah Rafferty: Maybe it’s the combination of the cool red lip with her fiery red hair, but Sarah is nailing the vixen lip. As with all the women whose lips we’ve lauded, the actress lets her pout take the spotlight against barely-there blush and a delicately inked eye, creating a paired-down look that’s alluring and timeless.
13. Normani Hamilton: Let’s talk about Normani’s epic braid. The Fifth Harmony singer is taking the rope braid to incredible heights, but that’s not even what’s most impressive about the plait: as it hits the shoulder, it switches up into a traditional braid. From top to bottom, it’s a beaut.
14. Katie Peterson: Katie’s take on the modern bouffant is right on trend, and actually one of the most flattering bump ups we’ve seen around. Her hair is subtly shaped and ever so slightly pillow kinked, so that the volume appears much more natural than the bouffants our mothers rocked.