Breakfast : a time to feast on chocolate chip pancakes , strawberry crêpes , waffles , bacon , and buttery toast. But these might not be *healthiest* options when you’re pregnant . At the same time, your busy mornings likely mean that you don’t have time to sit down and eat a proper meal. Instead of skipping this much-needed meal or stopping for a donut on your way to work, try whipping up one of these quick and nutritious breakfast smoothies instead.
2. Peach, Banana, Honey, and Cottage Cheese Smoothie: When you’re craving something sweet, this smoothie hits the spot. In addition to the fruit-filled goodness, the cottage cheese packs an extra protein punch. (via Rachel Cooks )
3. Dairy-Free Banana Pudding Smoothie Bowl With Chia Seeds: Technically it isn’t a drinkable smoothie, but this pudding-like smoothie bowl will shake up your morning routine in the most delicious way. (via Bowl of Delicious )
4. Creamy Mango Madness Protein Smoothie: Somehow this refreshing tropical treat makes it a little easier to face the rush hour commute. Just be sure to check with your doc before adding the recipe’s protein powder — you can always mix it up minus the whey. (via Lexi’s Clean Kitchen )
5. Blueberry Pancake Batter Smoothie: Don’t worry, this isn’t actually raw pancake batter. It’s just a healthy, mouthwatering smoothie that’ll happen to give you your flapjack fix. (via The Healthy Foodie )
6. Green Apple and Spinach Smoothie: Getting your vegetables in isn’t always easy. Finally, there’s a breakfast that makes you want to eat (er, drink) your fruits and veggies . (via A Beautiful Mess )
7. Fairytale Fruit and Yogurt Smoothies: This recipe comes with seven variations for different colorful flavors so you can try a new one every day of the week. (via Chocolate Covered Katie )
8. Raspberry Mango Coconut Water Smoothie: We don’t know about you, but if we had this to wake up to, we definitely wouldn’t be hitting the snooze button . Spoiler alert: Spinach is the secret ingredient. (via Rachel Cooks )
What’s your favorite breakfast smoothie? Tweet us @BritandCo to let us know!