Prepsters, eat your hearts out: We’ve got the perfect winter styles just for you. Whether you consider yourself to be a classic prep or you’re a prepster who walks to the beat of her own drum, rest assured that there will be something for you. Remember, it’s a prep’s world and we just live in it. Scroll on for 20 preppy winter looks to channel STAT.
1. Statement Coat: Overcome a case of the winter blahs by embracing color this season. As style blogger Sarah Vickers demonstrates, sometimes a statement coat in a striking shade is all that it takes to wow and stand out from the crowd. (via Classy Girls Wear Pearls)
2. Go Monochromatic: Wearing head-to-toe pink (or any color for that matter) is genius. It shows that you’re not afraid to be matchy-matchy and are brave enough to embrace the monochromatic trend. (via M Loves M)
4. Duck Boots: In case there was ever any doubt, dressing the part of a prepster is as easy as following a basic formula. Start with a Fair Isle sweater, add some good ol’ duck boots (plus camp socks) and top it all off with a pom pom hat. (via Lemon Stripes)
5. Blanket Scarf: If you haven’t been introduced to the blanket scarf yet, then make way for major sartorial approval. Besides the fact that every blogger on the block is donning this ultra-versatile winter accessory, it also happens to be the definition of cozy. (via Southern Curls & Pearls)
6. Cold Weather Casual: A true prepster never leaves the house without a few top-notch accessories and pretty baubles. We’re loving how style blogger Katie Bliss opted for a long gold tassel necklace and printed infinity scarf to dress up her Instagram-worthy #ootd. (via Katie’s Bliss)
7. Mad for Plaid: Make no mistake, a pair of classic plaid trousers are a worthy investment piece. Whether worn with a cable knit sweater or a crisp white button down, the result is equally impeccable. (via The College Prepster)
8. Fair Isle: Blair Eadie makes dressing the part of a prepster look like a cinch. Her utility jacket, ankle booties and chic crossbody bag are wardrobe essentials for a classic, preppy winter look. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
9. Buffalo Plaid in the City: Tried and true preps know all too well that buffalo print anything is a must-own. Speaking of which… we’re totally green with envy over this buffalo-plaid jacket. (via Kelly in the City)
11. Rainy Winter Days: While cold weather and rain don’t mix well, it does give us an excuse to pull out the wellies. Be it snow or sleet, don’t hesitate to stomp around in your cute Hunter rain boots. (via Gal Meets Glam)
13. Weekend Casual: At last, a girl after our own heart. We too have a thing for comfy, cozy cardigans, especially if they come in our favorite Fair Isle print and happen to pair easily with colored jeans and chambray. #Winning (via The Glitter Guide)
15. Bold Tights or Go Home: This season, we’re saying nay to neutral tights and hello to tights in every shade imaginable. Well, maybe not every shade, but let’s just say that we’d never turn down a pop of color. (via Classy Girls Wear Pearls)
16. Get Outta Town: This sweater really does say it all, doesn’t it? Serious style points shall be rewarded to those who ignore the reality of winter and embrace #sweaterweather for what it really is. (via Cheetah Is the New Black)
19. Winter Whites: This outfit so expertly styled by Carly Heitlinger (aka the College Prepster) exemplifies how to pull off winter whites. Be it white jeans, a cream sweater or a snowy white fluted skirt like C’s, who would have thought that this neutral could be so versatile? (via The College Prepster)
20. Modern Prep: You need not be one of the cool kids on the block to rock this edgy, modern prepster look. Take note, a plaid skirt paired with over-the-knee boots and a statement sweatshirt is as daring as it gets. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
Which preppy look will you be referring to for outfit inspo this winter? Tell us in the comments below!