Every Productivity App You Need to Know About in 1 Handy Infographic
Don’t you wish there were at least six more hours in the day to complete your to-do list? Whether you’re a mom, an entrepreneur or a super awesome boss lady (or all three!), you’re probably wishing there were 2o of you to get the job done. Thanks to this handy dandy infographic by Adecco, you now have every productivity app you’ll ever need — all in a single place. We’re throwing in some additional tips to make sure you really make the most out of your day.
1. Clean up your email. For many of us, email can be the biggest time-suck. If you’re getting hundreds of emails each day, it’s hard to keep up with the constant flow. With apps such as Dispatch, you’ll be able to tidy up your inbox and get back to your important projects and client meetings.
2. Stay focused. Isn’t it a struggle some days to find your zen? If you can’t seem to find your focus, there are a handful of apps that can help. For example, Focus@Will provides a music stream that’s guaranteed to keep you focused through your work grind.
3. Manage your life. The reality is: Your to-do list will never end. Regardless of how much you’d like to accomplish in a single day, it’s hard to get everything done. Apps such as EasilyDo makes it easy to create tasks, check off your lists and organize notes.
4. Collaborate with others. Especially at work, it’s soooo important to maintain consistent communication with your team. Whether you’re brainstorming for a new project or need organize important assignments, apps like Talkboard and Flow can help.
5. Keep track of expenses. When life gets busy, it’s hard to keep track of expenses. From paying bills to tracking receipts, it’s definitely a challenge to stay organized. With Abukai, you’ll be able to photograph receipts and important financial documents.
6. Create videos. Have a presentation coming up or need to get a promotional video on your website? Use Videoshop to help you quickly create and edit slideshows and videos.
7. Stop procrastinating. We’ll be the first to admit that it’s easy to procrastinate — especially with all the cute cat videos floating around the web. Apps such as Carrot help you eliminate distractions and reward you for getting stuff done!
What are your favorite productivity apps? Tell us in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.