Whether you’re a classic jack-o’-lantern kind of girl or prefer to go the no-carve route, pumpkin decorations are an absolute must once autumn rolls around. If you happen to be saying “I do” during the fall, there are also plenty of chic and stylish ways to make pumpkins a part of your wedding decor. Read on for creative inspiration and DIY wedding ideas that’ll make your special day positively gourd-geous. With everything from pumpkin table numbers to soup bowls on display, you’ll be the imaginative bride everyone admires.
1. Pumpkin Decorating Station: Let guests in on the action by setting up a pumpkin decorating station they can visit during the cocktail hour and reception. Or, invite your bridesmaids over for a girls’ night decorating party ahead of time. You can use the finished products as table decor once the big day arrives. (via Joanne Pio)
3. Pumpkin Escort Cards: Gilded mini pumpkins add an instant touch of glamour to any welcome table. Use some as escort cards, and display others throughout the reception space for a look of understated elegance. (via Sarah Tew Photography)
4. Pumpkin Table Numbers: Shabby-chic pumpkin luminaries make for exceptional table numbers. They’ll look delightfully non-traditional alongside votive candles and floral centerpieces. (via Rebekah Hoyt Photography)
5. Pumpkin Place Cards: With glitter at the bottom and place cards on top, these pretty pumpkins are dressed to impress. Pair them with striped black and white stationery for a classy Hallows’ Eve affair. (via Awake Photography)
6. Pumpkin Soup Bowls: Who needs basic bowls when you can soup up your tablescape with scooped-out gourds? Creamy pumpkin or butternut squash soups will help warm guests on a chilly fall day. (via Melissa Jordan Photography)
7. DIY Pumpkin Centerpieces: Paint, glitter and imagination are practically all you need to create these small but stunning centerpieces. Check out the tutorial for instructions on how to get started, then let your creativity run wild. (via Smitten on Paper)
8. Pumpkin Table Accents: No time to decorate your pumpkins? No worries, because even in their natural form, they’re just right for a rustic reception. Add some to tables for simple, striking accent pieces. (via Nadia Huerta With June Bug Company)
9. Mr. + Mrs. Pumpkins: Use appliques, paint or pens to make your own “Mr.” and “Mrs.” gourds. They’ll look great displayed on a welcome or sweetheart table, or used as eye-catching props in newlywed photos. (via Noi Tran Photography)
11. DIY Glittery Pumpkins: For a special day that shimmers and sparkles, glitter-covered pumpkins are an easy addition. These ones are such a cinch to design that you’ll also want to save the idea for Halloween and Thanksgiving as well. (via Layla Palmer)
14. DIY Celestial Pumpkin Luminaries: Nothing beats dancing the night away as celestial luminaries glisten in the background. Make your own by drilling holes into pumpkins and placing string lights inside. (via Martha Stewart)
Which of these pretty pumpkins will you be displaying? Share your thoughts below.