Morning Buzz! Cities Everywhere Lit Up Purple for Prince and the Photos Are Magical
— LaLaine (@LaLaineKOOL105) April 22, 2016
2. Michelle Obama will be on an episode of NCIS.EW reports that the she’ll play herself in an episode that will be set in the White House, and will feature a roundtable on the Joining Forces initiative that she co-founded. Will it be as good as her Parks and Recreation cameo? Only time will tell. (via EW)
3. STOP EVERYTHING: MTV Cribs is coming back — on Snapchat. That’s right, the classic MTV show that brought you inside musicians’ homes will start airing on MTV’s Snapchat sometime in June, as part of the network’s move back to its roots (not the Snapchat part, duh). Instead of camera crews, musicians will selfie-guide viewers straight into their bathtub, as Mariah Carey did on her episode back in the day, and will no doubt face swap with their pets. We can’t wait. (via Variety, photo via MTV)
4. Put your beef rumors to bed everybody — Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna are apparently just fine. There have been rumors that Rob Kardashian’s recent relationship with Blac Chyna has been putting stress on the Kardashian and Jenner clan. And whether or not that is actually the truth, Kylie and her brother’s fiancée (um, and also Kylie’s boyfriend’s ex) Blac Chyna have decided to publicly put an end to the chatter the way people do these days — by appearing in each other’s Snapchats. “When we’ve been best friends the whole time…” read the caption on a snap Kylie sent, and in one of Blac Chyna’s with the same mirror selfie she wrote “Hanging out with my lil sis.” The two also proceeded to face swap, so you know it’s real. (via @kylizzlesnapchats)
5. This paddleboarder escaping a close encounter with a whale is you getting through the week. Congratulations, and TGIF!
6. Quote of the day: “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today, to get through this thing called life.” — Prince, “Let’s Go Crazy”
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!