Morning Buzz! Cities Everywhere Lit Up Purple for Prince and the Photos Are Magical
— LaLaine (@LaLaineKOOL105) April 22, 2016
2. Michelle Obama will be on an episode of NCIS.EW reports that the she’ll play herself in an episode that will be set in the White House, and will feature a roundtable on the Joining Forces initiative that she co-founded. Will it be as good as her Parks and Recreation cameo? Only time will tell. (via EW)
3. STOP EVERYTHING: MTV Cribs is coming back — on Snapchat. That’s right, the classic MTV show that brought you inside musicians’ homes will start airing on MTV’s Snapchat sometime in June, as part of the network’s move back to its roots (not the Snapchat part, duh). Instead of camera crews, musicians will selfie-guide viewers straight into their bathtub, as Mariah Carey did on her episode back in the day, and will no doubt face swap with their pets. We can’t wait. (via Variety, photo via MTV)
4. Put your beef rumors to bed everybody — Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna are apparently just fine. There have been rumors that Rob Kardashian’s recent relationship with Blac Chyna has been putting stress on the Kardashian and Jenner clan. And whether or not that is actually the truth, Kylie and her brother’s fiancée (um, and also Kylie’s boyfriend’s ex) Blac Chyna have decided to publicly put an end to the chatter the way people do these days — by appearing in each other’s Snapchats. “When we’ve been best friends the whole time…” read the caption on a snap Kylie sent, and in one of Blac Chyna’s with the same mirror selfie she wrote “Hanging out with my lil sis.” The two also proceeded to face swap, so you know it’s real. (via @kylizzlesnapchats)
5. This paddleboarder escaping a close encounter with a whale is you getting through the week. Congratulations, and TGIF!
6. Quote of the day: “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today, to get through this thing called life.” — Prince, “Let’s Go Crazy”
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)