17 Egg-citing Quiches + Frittatas to Up Your Brunch Game
Brunch has been a thing for years, but it’s been gaining more and more momentum lately — especially for the millennial crowd. With bottomless mimosas and elaborately decorated Bloody Mary‘s, the late morning meal is a terrific way to catch up with your pals. Plus, it’s an excuse to dig into indulgent faves like eggs Benedict or, the latest and greatest brunch trend, chocolate cake! With all the trendy joints popping up, it’s tempting to go out, but hosting brunch could be equally thrilling. These 14 inviting quiches and frittatas will give you all the inspo you need to host your own brunch extravaganza.
1. Green Frittata: If you’re looking for something to WOW your brunch guests, look no further. This jaw-dropping frittata is as nutritious as it is beautiful. A healthy blend of greens is layered into a cabbage leaf, creating a rustic and delicious meal no one will ever forget. (via He Needs Food)
2. Broccoli, Spinach and Artichoke Frittata: Between the fresh veggies and crumbled goat cheese, there is too much awesome in this frittata to fathom. Adorned with briny capers for some extra tang, this Italian egg dish is perfect for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. (via Coffee and Crayons)
3. Veggie Quiche With Cauliflower Crust: The “crustless quiche” has become a popular healthier option when creating this brunch classic. But — what harm is a crust if it’s made from a vegetable, amirite? Stuffed with layers of tomatoes, eggplant and zucchini, this beauty is finished with some feta for salty goodness. (via Mind Your Meal)
5. Cauliflower Frittata With Ricotta and Spinach: This super tasty and adaptable frittata is perfect for any occasion, whether it be a brunch get together or a peaceful Sunday morning on your own. Florets of cauliflower adorn this dreamy dish alongside fluffy dollops of ricotta. (via Modern Granola)
6. Butternut Squash Sage Frittata: The seasonal flavors in this fluffy frittata will undoubtedly warm your belly and your soul. Fresh sage and silky butternut squash create a fall-inspired flavor profile in this egg-cellent concoction. (via Jelly Toast)
7. Caramelized Shallot and Mushroom Quiche: Mushroom lovers unite! This flaky-crusted breakfast pie offers up an impressive blend of buttery baby bellas, sweet caramelized onions and creamy goat cheese. (via Girl Versus Dough)
8. Cottage Cheese, Kale and Smoked Salmon Frittata: Smoked salmon is *such* a delicacy to bring to the brunch table. Typically it’s in lox form and draped over a bagel, but this dish brings smoked salmon to a new and exciting level by tossing it into a pillowy frittata. (via Supergolden Bakes)
9. Vegan Olive and Artichoke Tart: You’re probably wondering how a dish centered around eggs and dairy could turn vegan, but it can — and successfully too. This gem is made up of Mediterranean flavors that will knock your socks off, even if you aren’t vegan. (via Green Evi)
10. Hashbrown-Crusted California Quiche With Avocado Roses: Inspired by avocado rose toasts and California-style breakfast sandwiches, this thrilling quiche smacks the best of both worlds together to create a tasty meal that will impress your family all while fueling them. It’s almost too pretty to eat, but that won’t stop anyone. (via Host the Toast)
11. Spanakopita Frittata: If you love the beloved savory Greek pastry, you’ll be head over heels for this frittata. It’s overflowing with spinach, herbs, tomatoes and crumbled feta. Baked to perfection, it’s light on calories and big on flavor. (via Unrefined RD)
12. Crustless Broccoli Quiche: This appetizing quiche is the perfect solution for an easy Sunday brunch or a simple weeknight meal. Full of broccoli and mozzarella, it’s lean and GF — but if you aren’t worried about those things, feel free to topple this onto some warm buttered toast. (via Travel Cook Tell)
13. Leek and Feta Quiche: Leeks are a fantastic substitute for onions. They’re light in flavor and, let’s be honest, they’re pretty. They also bring the right amount of zest to an airy and tasty quiche. Made without the hassle, this brunch option is a total crowd-pleaser. (via Pineapple! Pineapple!)
14. Kale and Garlic Frittata: Eat ALL the kale! If these are words you live by, this frittata was made specifically for you. Jam-packed with kale, this dish offers up tons of oniony and garlicky goodness. It’s also without cheese, so if you’re avoiding dairy, even better. (via B. Britnell)
For more brunch-y goodness, follow us on Pinterest.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)