14 Brilliant Ways to Repurpose Lightbulbs
When it comes to repurposing, lightbulbs are a tried and true DIY go-to. Whether you’re turning one into a bud vase or covering it with twine to masquerade as a pear, these versatile pieces of glass belong anywhere but in your trash. We’ve rounded up 14 brilliant ways to breathe new life into your burnt out bulbs.
1. Tiny Terrarium ($16): There are seriously hundreds of lightbulb terrariums on the Internet! It’s bonkers. This tutorial is straightforward and will show you how to make your own.
2. Gold Bulb Decor: Mix and match a bunch of different mini light bulbs and paint them gold to create an illuminating decor theme. (via Capitol Romance)
3. Pendant Lamp: Use a combination of burnt out bulbs and ones you can replace to create this eco-chic piece. (via Inhabitat)
4. Repurposed Lightbulb Oil Lamp ($45): Why not turn your old lightbulbs into their predecessors?
5. Terrarium Place Cards: Another take on the terrarium, this is an adorable idea for place cards at a wedding. (via A Subtle Revelry)
6. Chic Bud Vase ($25): Go a little less crafty and more modern with this wire mounted bud vase.
7. Candlelit Centerpiece: Even burnt out lightbulbs can still carry light, it’s just the light source that you need to find. This project uses a candle with a whole bunch of burnt out bulbs. We love the vintage vibe. (Family Chic)
8. Lightbulb Centerpiece: This one involves a whole lot of cool materials. First, find yourself a vintage sugar mold! Impossible? Maybe, but you could also look for similar shapes or tea light holders at a flea market. Then get battery powered lights to put at the bottom of each opening and top with vintage light bulbs. (via Warm Hot Chocolate)
9. Lightbulb Necklace ($30): You knew you saved those burnt out Christmas lights for a reason!
10. Twine-Wrapped Pears: We never actually realized that lightbulbs look a whole lot like pears until seeing them cleverly wrapped in twine. (via Todd & Lindsey)
11. Lightbulb Topiary: Bookmark this under holiday hacks. It’s a fun way to create an ornament-inspired decoration. (via Ruffled)
12. Silver Glittery Ornament: Yet another way to repurpose for holiday decor. We love the idea of creating a whole bunch of these and putting them in a bowl as a centerpiece. (via Kittenhood)
13. Glass Sculpture: For the more avant-garde makers among you, check out this industrial-looking sculpture made from an assortment of lightbulbs. (via Family Chic)
Which of these projects is your favorite? Have you ever turn lightbulbs into something else? Talk to us in the comments below.