If you think cornbread is only for Thanksgiving, think again, lovelies! This humble dish (and sometimes, not so humble) can be the perfect accompaniment to soups and BBQs. It can be an awesome snack when you’re on the go, or it can be the shining star of your table. Any way you cut it (pun totally intended), cornbread is super delicious and should be made more often. Cheers to filling your house with the drool worthy smell of baking cornbread.
2. Rosemary Pecan Skillet Cornbread: You think it’s regular cornbread, until you bite in and are greeted by the deliciousness of rosemary and pecans. Well played rosemary and pecans, well played. (via Healthy Aperture)
4. Easy Vegan Blue Cornbread: Time to mix things up. Why have yellow cornbread when you could have blue? Swap out the yellow cornmeal for blue cornmeal and voila! You have the perfect conversation starter at your Sunday brunch. (via Bold Vegan)
5. Savory Cornbread Pancakes With Roasted Corn and Chives: We know, it’s hard deciding what to make for breakfast sometimes. That’s why we’re loving on this twofer. (via Edible Perspectives)
7. Caramelized Apple Skillet Cornbread: For the love! Will someone please make this for us and deliver it right now? Caramelized apples line the bottom and the top of this skillet cornbread. Enough said. (via Mangia Blog)
13. Cornbread Pancakes: It’s Sunday and you slept in. You wake to the smell of coffee and breakfast. Before you can get out of bed, your honey walks in with a platter of these and fresh pressed coffee. In that moment, you know your life is perfect. (via Erren’s Kitchen)
14. Skillet Cornbread with Caramelized Onions, Pears and Thyme: This rustic spin on cornbread would be the perfect thing for that camping trip you’re planning this summer. Nothing but stars, hot apple cider and this bad boy right here. (via Pickles and Honey)
20. Blueberry Cornbread Cupcakes With Lemon Butter Cream: They had us at lemon butter cream. The blueberry bit brings it all perfectly together. (via Yummy Crumble)
What’s your fave cornbread recipe? If you’re a newbie to the art of cornbread-ery, which of these winners will you start with? Talk to us in the comments below!