19 Gruesome Halloween Food Recipes That Will Freak Out Your Friends
You’ve sent out the haunted house invites and combed through Pinterest and YouTube for the most ghoulish makeup. Your corpse bride costume is at the ready and you’ve got a boozy halloween cocktail bar planned that will be utterly Insta-worthy. All you need now to really *freak* out your friends is a seriously creepy food spread. Intestine sausage platters, bony finger cookies and edible eyeballs, anyone? Scroll on for 19 seriously spooky Halloween foods that’ll have them shaking in their shoes.
1. Silly Apple Bites: I don’t know what’s more ghastly about these green monsters. It’s a tough choice between their lashing tongues or rotting teeth! Kids young and old will scream at the sight of them. (via Fork and Beans)
2. Floating Eyeball Jello Shots: Nothing is more gruesome than eyeballs floating in a sea of gelatinous matter. These shots are kid-friendly, but you can easily add your favorite liquor to the mix. (via SugarHero)
3. Meatball Mummies: It’s rare to find a good Halloween recipe that’s an actual entreé and not a treat. This recipe is jump-started with store-bought meatballs and frozen pizza dough, so it’s easy-peasy to pull off. The homemade edible eyeball recipe is included. (via Spend With Pennies)
4. Monster Claw Cupcakes: These creepy cupcakes look like they’ve been clawed by a baby monster. But one bite into the homemade marshmallow fondant and you will brave your life for more. (via Bakingdom)
5. Vampire Apple Teeth: This one’s for the clean eaters in the house. These devilish apple-peanut butter snacks are waaaay more wholesome than they look. Don’t let the almond and cranberry fangs scare you. (via Half Baked Harvest)
7. Spooky Worm Halloween Jello: Nothing is as creepy as a dessert plate filled with gross worms and spider eggs. This disgustingly delicious treat will be the hit of the party. (via A Spicy Perspective)
8. Eye-Popping Cake Pops: Yucky eyeball cake pops are even more gorey when served up on the tines of a fork. But rest assured, they are so delicious that your friends will be shoveling them down the hatch without remorse. (via Bakerella)
9. Bloody Candy Apples: The apple that poisoned Snow White could not have been more dangerous looking than this. Tie them up with a *bloodied* ribbon to give your friends the full effect. (via 1 Fine Cookie)
10. Dead Man’s Toe Cake Bites: Can you bring yourself to bite into a swollen, fleshy gray toe kabob? Those who are brave enough to bite will find every single white-chocolate boney digit is utterly delectable. (via Bakingdom)
11. Diablo Eyeballs (Taco Meatballs) and Black Bean Pasta: This black and orange main dish is the perfect ghoulish entreé to serve up on Halloween night. Everyone in the house is going to beg for seconds. (via Boulder Locavore)
12. Body Part Cake Bites: These zombie brains are made of red velvet cake that’s so lifelike, kids young and old will scream with delight. They’re as fun to look at as they are to eat. (via Bakingdom)
13. Deathly Chocolate Graveyard Cakes: These chocolate graveyards are so macabre, but it won’t stop your guests from gobbling up every chocolate brownie-pudding bite. Save the crunchy witch boot pirouettes for last; they’re so deliciously eerie. (via Half Baked Harvest)
14. Ribs & Sausage “Entrails”: If you live to gross out your guests, this meat platter is for you! An image you won’t forget, it does double-duty as both party food and decoration. (via Not Quite Nigella)
16. Red Velvet Hot Chocolate and Almond Witch Finger Cookies: We’ve all seen witch-finger cookies before, but these are extra special. The nails are candied almonds and the blood is red velvet hot chocolate. How can something so super gross be so delicious? (via SugarHero)
17. Red Velvet Skull Cakes: These gorgeous little skeletons with the wacky Dia de los Muertos piping could not be more perfect for your Halloween shindig. They’ll be the star of the dessert table for sure. (via Shore Society)
18. Bloody Shirley Temples: Kids young and old will be so grossed out at these syringes filled with blood (but actually it’s just grenadine). They’ll also have a blast squirting blood into their drinks and each other’s. They’re 100 percent kid-friendly, but you can easily spike them with your fave liquor for the big kids in the bunch. (via This Grandma Is Fun)
19. Chorizo & Cheese “Intestines”: These philo-filled babies look super-gross, but the spicy sausage and cheese makes them absolutely delicious. Be sure to roll yours up nice and twisty to mimic real intestines. (via Not Quite Nigella)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)