May Flowers FTW: 15 Floral Print Goodies You Need in Your Life
A few years back I made a promise to myself to always have fresh flowers in my house. And then the obsession began. I suddenly found myself in the kitchen surrounded by buckets of flowers, stems and leaves on the floor, wielding my shears like Edward Scissorhands making wild, shall we say, “art.” I called them floral arrangements and quickly became determined to learn a thing or two about flowers. I worked with some talented floral designers and even got a flower flashcard app on my phone (though I have to say, I haven’t found a good one on the market — hint, hint, developers). Now I can happily say that I know what I’m doing and can name a dahlia when I see it at the park. Though my love of flowers started with live ones, it has spread to all things floral which is why I’m stoked to share our bountiful array of botanical goods in the B + C shop. I want that Tattly tattoo. But for real.
1. Rose Botanical Journal ($15): Jot down your favorite flowers or perhaps a “roses are red, violets are blue” poem in this swoon-worthy journal. If only the cover was scratch and sniff!
2. Gold Floral Tattoos ($6): IMHO, floral tattoos stand the test of time, but if you’re not ready for ink (I’m almost there!), these floral tats by Tattly will make you feel just as badass. And then you can wash them off :)
3. 02:21PM Floral Watch ($39): It’s like wearing a corsage that tells time.
4. Rose + Vanilla Lip Blush ($12): Don’t let your lips get jealous of your rosy cheeks. I could almost eat this lip balm, it smells so good.
5. Sketching 101 Class ($20): With so much still life out in your garden, it’s high time you take a sketching class so you can freeze those breathtaking peonies in time. This one is going straight into my shopping cart.
6. Jungalow Nail Wraps ($12): Glamorize your fingertips with plant life. Your toes will be green with envy. That ring finger is my new best gal.
7. Paper Cutting ($28): Get serious with your scissors, Edward Junior, and learn how to cut paper from the best. This book will blow your mind like a dandelion.
8. Brass Plant Mister ($24): Probably the best-looking mister we’ve seen. Aside from Mr. Don Draper. He’s not so bad either.
9. Cactus iPhone Case ($30): I’m one of those people who somehow manages to touch the curling iron, the hot glue or my eyes after chopping jalapeños EVERY time. Glad I won’t get poked when I grab onto these cacti.
10. Thank You Citrus Cards — Set Of Six ($15): Nothing says thank you like flowers, except maybe a floral-inspired card.
11. Flower Arranging E-Class ($20): These ladies get three emoji thumbs up in my book! They’ll teach you how floral designers make such pretty arrangements. Get in on their secrets with our online course.
12. Edible Flower Seed Kit ($45): To eat or not to eat, that is the question. And the answer is: eat ’em! Edible flowers will make your taste buds dance.
13. Paper Flower Crown Kit ($20): Head into festival season with a crown on your head. A flower crown, that is.
14. Inverse Hanging Planter ($44): Give your plants a home in a handmade ceramic hanging pot. They’ll feel as much love as the artist put into her craft.
15. Gift Set — Florals ($50): Along with a bouquet of dahlias, this set of floral scented body oil, bath salts, body butter and lip balm is an A+ gift for the next birthday gal that pops up on your calendar. Like maybe me! March 8th people, March 8th!
Look for these items and so many more blossom-inspired products in our May Flowers collection. No, not Blossom from the ’90s television series :)
What other floral products would you like to see in the shop? Put your ideas in the comments.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.