8 Skin Secrets of Healthy Food Bloggers
Healthy food bloggers know what’s up when it comes to radiant skin. There’s a reason, after all, they’ve become the experts. You’ll see lots of them preaching the merits of staying hydrated and eating foods with good fats, like avocados and fish. But there are more things you can do with your food to improve your complexion (yup, even more than drinking ACV, as we discovered!). From green-tea ice cubes to oatmeal exfoliating scrubs, there’s a remedy for every skin need. We’re sharing secrets straight from the pros.
1. Superfood Salad: The dressing is simple: a squeeze of lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil. We love this nutrient-dense salad by A Couple Cooks. The cucumbers help with hydration and the rest of the veggies (raw spinach, mixed greens and cilantro) are full of nutrients and vitamins. (via A Couple Cooks)
2. Moisturizing Body Exfoliator: Food blogger Ella calls this her favorite natural beauty product. It calls for sugar, oats, coconut oil and a light splash of apple-cider vinegar. Rub it on in the shower, let it sit and wash it all off. (Deliciously Ella)
3. Apply Your Serums: This blog is run by models for models. Who better to give skin tips than the people who have flawless skin as a career? Check out their bullet-point list of how to wash your face. The main takeaways: Remove your cleanser with a fresh cotton face towel dampened with hot water, don’t use toner and apply your serums. (via Models for Wellness)
4. Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub: If your hands are feeling extremely dry, consider this cheap homemade remedy. All you need is lemon, sugar and oil. You can also use this on your face. The best part: You’ll smell nice and citrusy afterwards. (via Oh She Glows)
5. Hydrating and Tightening Cucumber Mask: Forget cucumbers over the eyes. Instead, lather the vegetable over your entire face for the optimal effect. All you need are cucumbers and water for this simple DIY mask that tightens and hydrates. (via Kate Bello)
6. Green Tea Ice Cubes: Flavor your morning tea with these icy treats or use it as a beauty product on a hot summer day. Apply to puffy eyes in the morning — the caffeine-and-ice combo will reduce the swelling. (via Hello Natural)
7. Argon + Avocado Mask: When argon oil and avocado join forces, you know your hair is in for a luxe DIY treat. In case you get hungry while you’re glamming, this blogger even includes a recipe for avocado mousse. BRB making it now! (via Beauty and the Feast)
8. Turmeric Face Mask: Turmeric is said to help with hyper-pigmentation. This facial DIY uses a dash of turmeric and a bit of milk and chickpea flour. The mask is supposed to soften your skin and even out your complexion. (via An Edible Mosaic)
What are your skin secrets? Tell us below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.