We’re all about lightening up the holidays around here where we can, and these 14 desserts are sure to do just that. Well, they’ll at least provide some balance for that deep fried turkey on your table, but whatevs. Just know each of these swoon-worthy creations promises to be a totally decadent way to finish up a feast, despite their “skinny” status.
1. No-Bake Vegan Peanut Butter Banoffi Pie (Vegan): Bananas and peanut butter are a natural pairing in this amazing no-bake pie. Made without gluten, dairy or refined sugar, it’s a great alternative to the traditional butter- and sugar-laden confection. (via The Clean Dish)
2. Crustless Caramel Apple Pie: Now this is just genius. Hollowed out apples are a gorgeous, healthy swap for crust in these apple pie-meets-crisp creations. (via Lemons and Basil)
3. Double Chocolate Chunk Walnut Cookies: Chockfull of chocolate flavor, these cookies don’t taste skinny at all. Santa Claus gives his stamp of approval. (via Mommyhood’s Diary)
4. Poached Pears With Maple Caramel: Not only super sweet to slice into after dinner, these pears will also give your home an amazing scent as they simmer away on the stovetop. (via Home at Six)
5. Hazelnut Chia Pudding With Persimmon Compote: The bright orange layer may fool folks into thinking these personal-sized puddings involve pumpkin. The flavor of sweet persimmon is sure be a welcome surprise. (via Sweet Kabocha)
6. Skinny Eggnog Pie With Gingersnap Crust: Homemade white chocolate pumpkin nog is the key for making this skinny pie, but it may prove too tempting to sip every last drop beforehand. (via Kitchen Meets Girl)
7. Healthier Vanilla-Orange Creme Brûlée: Skip the heavy cream and use Greek yogurt instead for these just-as-heavenly, Creamsicle-esque custard cups. (via Recipe Runner)
8. Skinny Apple Tart: Prep time for this tart is also skinny — you’re only five minutes away from popping this bad boy into the oven. (via Coordinately Yours)
9. Skinny Cranberry-Bliss Bars: Save yourself half the calories and fat of a coffeeshop favorite by making this recipe instead. (via Skinny Taste)
10. Fudgy Dark Chocolate Beet Brownies: You’ll never even know that beets are hidden within these fudgy brownies. (via Pinch and Swirl)
11. Christmas Tree Meringue Cookies: Meringues are already naturally skinny, but piping them into a festive shape makes them holiday party ready. (via Cake and Allie)
12. Skinny Pumpkin-Nog Shake: Sometimes it’s fun to mix things up with a sip-able dessert. With only 120 calories per serving (unheard of for ‘nog), you don’t need to feel guilty about going back for seconds … or adding a little splash of something extra. (via I Heart Naptime)
13. Peppermint Brownie Trifle: This layered bowlful of candy-cane-sprinkled goodness is the stuff skinny dessert dreams are made of. (via Dashing Dish)
14. Chocolate Soufflé: Fluffy egg whites are the key to making these nearly flourless soufflés a total delight. One that only feels sinful. (via Taming of the Spoon)
Will you end your holiday meal with a healthier dessert, or are you planning to skip the sweetest course altogether? Share whatever you’re making this holiday season with us below.