8 Delicious Deep-Fried Turkey Recipes
If cooked the right way, a deep-fried turkey can make your Thanksgiving dinner even more impressive. But frying up a 20-pound bird can be a difficult (and dangerous) feat, so we searched high and low for recipes with step-by-step directions to make sure you nail the main dish. Whether you’re taking over the turkey fryer or simply supervising the kitchen, the recipes below are sure to deliver an entrée that’s moist, crispy, and all-around yummy.
1. Garlic and Herb Deep-Fried Turkey: Garlic-and-herb marinade plus garlic-and-herb dry seasoning equals a flavor-packed fried turkey. (via Kirbie’s Cravings)
2. Buttered and Salted Deep-Fried Turkey: This recipe is proof that your Thanksgiving turkey doesn’t have to be complicated. Just fry, slather in butter, and shower with salt for a transformative experience. (via The Wooden Skillet)
3. Oil-Less Deep-Fried Turkey: There’s no need to fry your turkey in oil, especially when a turkey-sized air fryer, liquid-smoke injection, and flavorful dry rub are involved. (via Steamy Kitchen)
4. Chipotle-Injected Deep-Fried Turkey: A flavor injector is the secret to making this meal shine. A smoky chipotle marinade infuses each bite, and the skin stays properly crisp and golden. (via Kirbie’s Cravings)
5. Simple Deep-Fried Turkey: All you need are butter, oil, and turkey to make a tasty fried centerpiece. Inject the bird with butter at multiple points so it’s moist and flavorful from bone to skin. (via Around My Family Table)
6. Buttery Deep-Fried Turkey: Rubbing butter on the outside of the turkey results in an addictively crispy skin, while a sprinkling of cayenne pepper adds subtle heat. (via Leite’s Culinaria)
7. Italian Seasoned Deep-Fried Turkey: Italian seasoning isn’t just for salad dressing this holiday season. Use it on your Thanksgiving bird and your guests will be clamoring for seconds. (via Oh, Sweet Basil)
8. Peanut Oil Deep-Fried Turkey: This no-fuss recipe takes advantage of the power of peanut oil and poultry seasoning. (via Unsophisticook)
For more innovative Thanksgiving and turkey recipes, follow us on Pinterest!