This might just be the greatest invention since sliced bread. No running to the store for butter, no cursing when you burn your hand on the oven and no crying when your laborious pie crust is burnt to a crisp. We’ve found your saving grace — pie bakers who deliver the goods to your door with a click of the mouse. Believe us when we tell you that your taste buds will be giving thanks once they get a load of the tastiest slices that can be shipped from the Atlantic to the Pacific. Whether you fess up to the fact that you didn’t make them yourself is entirely up to you.
1. Achatz Handmade Pie Company ($40): Described as iconic, gooey and from another dimension, Achatz’s pies are homegrown and handmade right from a Michigan orchard. They churn out flavors that will get the old drool going. We’re talking taste combos like Apple Caramel Nut, Michigan 4-Berry or Double Crust Peach Pie.
2. Bubby’s ($59): Bubby’s cranks out pie pastry with organic butter and house rendered lard from heritage hogs from family farms. Choose from Classic Pumpkin Pie or Michigan Sour Cherry… but the Apple Whiskey Crumble Pie is what’s tickling our taste buds.
4. Cutie Pies ($35): Get your designer pies here. Cutie Pies is like the latte artist of pies. All it takes is a quick glance at one of these pies, and resistance is futile. Enjoy sentimental faves like Apple and Luscious Lemon or unique flavors like Canadian Butter Tart or Purple Sweet Potato.
5. Hill Country Pie Kitchen ($5): The pie as we know it has been revolutionized by “pie cups,” a smaller pie that fits in your hand and can be eaten like a cupcake. Go ahead, order a dozen, ’cause you’ll want to taste every flavor from Whiskey Buttermilk to Apple Cheddar… and won’t be able to stop at just one.
6. Little Pie Company ($30): The critics are shouting for you to buy this American pie, and we’re not stopping them. These flaky crusts are big on flavor and monumental on lasting impressions. You can’t go wrong with their famed Sour Cream Apple Walnut Pie. They even have mini versions so you can sample one of each.
7. Mike’s Pies ($80): Are you ready to get pie-crazed by some of the best pies on the planet? Let this be a warning: You won’t be able to turn down a slice of Mike’s Killer Key Lime or comforting Southern Pecan Pie.
8. Momofuku Milk Bar ($44): You’ve heard the legends, right? About the place that creates all sorts of crazy concoctions with marshmallows and cornflakes? If not, get your mouth around such delicacies like Crack Pie, Candy Bar Pie, Grasshopper Pie and the Freaky-liscious Franken Pie.
9. Porch Pies ($30): When you’re looking for some southern sweetness, Porch Pies is where it’s at. Buttermilk, Sweet Potato, Coconut Chess and Kitchen Sink Pie are a few southern faves to wrap your pie-hole around.
10. Three Babes Bakeshop ($35): Sink your fork into an amazing, all-organic, seasonal pie like Pumpkin, Salty Honey Walnut or Mince. No matter what your flavor is, the babes encourage you to grab a pie and share it with those you love.
11. Twede’s Cafe ($49): If you’re a fan of the TV series Twin Peaks, prepare yourself for the shows 2016 resurrection with a slice of cherry pie, a well-known obsession of Twin Peak‘s creator David Lynch. Taste where it all began, with a “damn good cherry pie” homemade from Twede’s Cafe.
Do you order your pies online? Let us know where you’re getting the goods in the comments below!