There’s nothing like a crumbly, sweet, buttery topping to make it easy to enjoy an extra serving or two of fruit. Are we talking about pies? Nope, right now we’re all about the fruit crisp. These 15 fruit-filled recipes are so much easier to whip up than a double-crust creation, but no less delicious, especially when served warm with a scoop of ice cream on top. (Well, there’s one savory exception to this rule — but you’ll have to read on to find out what that’s all about.) Let’s dig in!
3. Almond-Crisped Peaches: Top peach halves with a crumble of almonds, butter and sugar. That’s right, only THREE ingredients. Pop the whole lot in the oven, and in only a matter of minutes your home will be filled with the mouthwatering smell of summer. (via Smitten Kitchen)
4. Raw Triple Berry Crisp: Even if you don’t follow a raw food diet, you should definitely bookmark this recipe. It’s a super healthy, no-bake dessert that’s absolutely perfect for those days when it’s way too hot out to fire up the oven. (via Oh She Glows)
5. Jam Bars: A quick sugar cookie dough forms both the crust and a crumbly topping for these delectable jam bars. Change the flavor completely by picking a different fruit jam each time you make ’em. (via Brit + Co)
6. Simple Oat + Pecan Blueberry Crisp: Simple might be an understatement here. While the ingredient list may be minimal, the coconut-cream-cheese sauce drizzled over top creates one unique fruit crumble. (via Pinch of Yum)
8. Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp With Oat Pecan Crumb: Make this springtime crisp the next time you’re feeling like a little strawberry-rhubarb pie but can’t be bothered with making a crust. (via Eclectic Recipes)
9. Huckleberry Crisps: If you can get your hands on huckleberries this season, you’re in for a real treat. Here, they’re enhanced with a splash of brandy and topped with a lemon-scented walnut and oat crumble to form a dessert that’s absolutely bursting with flavor. P.S. Wild blueberries are a good sub for huckleberries here. (via Saveur)
11. Grain-Free Mixed Berry Crisp (Vegan): Enjoy a scoop or two of this grain-free crisp while it’s still hot, but don’t forget to top it off with coconut whipped cream or ice cream for the ultimate vegan dessert. This crisp easily moves between spring, summer and fall. Simply swap in seasonal fruit as you see fit. (via Free People)
12. Individual Pear and Apple Crisps: Serve up these tasty fruit crisps with a dollop of vanilla- or maple-syrup-sweetened Greek yogurt for a healthy breakfast or enjoyable dessert. (via Cookie and Kate)
13. Blackberry-Mango Crisp: Mangos and blackberries are an unexpected, though certainly welcome, combo in this crisp. Just wait ’til you break into that cinnamon- and ginger-spiced topping and taste what’s inside. Your taste buds will never be the same. (via Completely Delicious)
14. Tomato Crisp: For all you savory flavor–lovers out there, this crisp’s for you. No less delicious than its sweet counterparts, this tomato crisp has a flavorful crumb topping of Parmesan, garlic and parsley that is finger-licking good. (via White on Rice Couple)
15. Blackberry Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumble: It might be a little harder to justify eating this chocolate-chip-cookie-topped crisp for breakfast, but we certainly won’t judge if you do indulge. Tuck into this delightful creation to find a jammy layer of sweet-tart blackberries. (via Love + Olive Oil)
What’s your favorite fruit crisp combo? Classic oatmeal and apple or something more out of the ordinary? Share your creative ways to serve up a fruit crumble below!