Spammers Are Invading iCloud Calendars, Here’s How to Deal
Over the past week, you may have noticed something fishy going on in your iCloud calendar. Spammers are sending out invites to events and basically invading your calendar in the form of sketchy Black Friday invites for deals that are definitely too good to be true. (For deals that are real, we’ve got you covered.) But if you respond to these calendar invites with a “no,” you’re letting the spammers know that your account is active and available to get spammed some more. Here’s how you get rid of it.
1. Open your Calendar app and click “Calendars” at the bottom of your screen.
2. Hit “Edit” then “Add Calendars.”
3. Basically what you need to do is create a “spam” calendar where you can throw all of these sketchy invites. So just type in “spam” or “junk” or “get out of my life, spammers!” — whatever will make you remember that this is where those invites need to go.
4. Now every time you get a spam invitation, move it to this calendar.
5. Once all your spam invites are moved over, go back to your main Calendars page and once again hit “Calendars.” Now tap the “i” next to your spam calendar, scroll down to “delete calendar” and bada bing bada boom, spam invites are out of your life. Now you can get back to your actual, real meetings and events.
Have you had a spam calendar attack? Let us know @BritandCo!
(h/t MacRumors; photo via Getty)