16 Lip-Smacking Ways to Wear Lips
We have to admit, there are more ways to rock a red lip than we may have led you to believe. You can go bold, choose the shade that’s perfect for your skin tone, or ditch the lipstick all together! ‘Cause along with hearts, lips are the latest romantic graphic to become totally wearable. It’s a much bolder look to pull off—since we’re used to seeing hearts just about everywhere, lips can seem a little cartoon-y at first. But we say embrace the playful print with these 16 lip-smacking good looks, especially during this time of year!
1. Sonia by Sonia Rykiel T-Shirt With Stripe Lip Emblem ($195): If your t-shirt knows how to rock a red lip right, then surely you should too!
2. Tatty Devine Avant GArde Robot Lips Necklace ($30): We love the graphic pop of this acrylic lips pendant. Do your lips up the same way to make a statement.
3. The Leather Atelier Eyes Lips Hearts Zip-Pouch ($149): In the highest of high fashion circles, eye and lip graphics are the best of friends. All we can think is that this coin purse looks like it could join the cast of Aaahh!!! Real Monsters.
4. Dot Kiss Muscle Tee ($38): Thanks to Phillip Lim’s Lichtenstein-inspired Kapow! pieces, cartoon-y couture is popping up all over the place. This dotted muscle tee follows suit swimmingly.
5. Little Kiss Perfect Earrings ($11): We’re smitten with these gem encrusted lip earrings—they’d add a welcome touch of whimsey (and bling!) to your everyday getup.
6. Lulu Guinness Red Perspex Lips Clutch ($420): We have to admit, this lips-shaped clutch is pretty freaking rad. But if we had to choose between it and the classic red lips novelty phone (it looks just like it, right?), we’d hands down go with the latter. You’ll be equally happy and shocked to know that Best Buy sells the retro relic!
7. Sonia by Sonia Rykiel Exclusive to Asos T-Shirt in Lips Print ($112): Who ever thought that lips would be the new stripes? It’s a super cute take on such a classic pattern. The preppy vibe is kept alive with the boat neck and three-quarter sleeves.
8. Material Girl Necklace Gold Tone Kiss My Lips Pendant Necklace ($7): This triple-tiered necklace rocks a refreshingly non-red lip that would look awesome paired with a black scoop neck. Only straightforward smoochers need apply!
9. Lulu Guinness Striped Foldaway Shopper Bag ($65): This Beetlejuice-striped shopper is secretly a two-in-one bag: if you don’t need all the space this tote has to offer, the large lips graphic unzips from the front and becomes a covetable clutch. Did that just blow your mind!?
10. Asos Curve Sweater With Elbow Lips Elbow Patch ($33): Lip-shaped elbow patches? What a cute way to stay cozy! Someone DIY this for us stat.
12. Betsy Johnson Status Lip Drop Earrings ($15): Every lady should have a pair of gold drop earrings at her disposal, so why not make yours lip shaped?
13. Sheer Kisses Socks ($8): These sheer socks are a must have if you’re going all out with a red hot look for Valentine’s Day. We love how they’re unapologetically paired with red pumps.
14. Lips & Hearts Cotton Fleece Sweatshirt ($540): You guys wouldn’t believe how hot lips graphics are taking over the world of high fashion—big names like Saint Laurent, Alice + Olivia, and even Stella McCartney are lip locked, as you can see from this designer sweatshirt. If we had a sweatshirt savings account, you better believe we’d be adding this stunner to our cart.
15. Lulu Guinness Lip Blot Coin Purse ($116): This might be our favorite lipsmacked item on this roundup: the blotted lips graphic provides the most perfectly simple pop on this small black coin purse. Obsessed.
16. Markus Lupfur Stripe Sequin Lara Lips Sweatshirt ($467): No we’re not just huge Rocky Horror fans, we’re just suckers for sequined sweatshirts. I actually have a similar shimmering sweatshirt, so naturally we’re way into this punchy piece.
What lip looks are you ogling? Are there any other graphics you’re drawn to this holiday? Tell us in the comments below.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.