16 Lip-Smacking Ways to Wear Lips
We have to admit, there are more ways to rock a red lip than we may have led you to believe. You can go bold, choose the shade that’s perfect for your skin tone, or ditch the lipstick all together! ‘Cause along with hearts, lips are the latest romantic graphic to become totally wearable. It’s a much bolder look to pull off—since we’re used to seeing hearts just about everywhere, lips can seem a little cartoon-y at first. But we say embrace the playful print with these 16 lip-smacking good looks, especially during this time of year!
1. Sonia by Sonia Rykiel T-Shirt With Stripe Lip Emblem ($195): If your t-shirt knows how to rock a red lip right, then surely you should too!
2. Tatty Devine Avant GArde Robot Lips Necklace ($30): We love the graphic pop of this acrylic lips pendant. Do your lips up the same way to make a statement.
3. The Leather Atelier Eyes Lips Hearts Zip-Pouch ($149): In the highest of high fashion circles, eye and lip graphics are the best of friends. All we can think is that this coin purse looks like it could join the cast of Aaahh!!! Real Monsters.
4. Dot Kiss Muscle Tee ($38): Thanks to Phillip Lim’s Lichtenstein-inspired Kapow! pieces, cartoon-y couture is popping up all over the place. This dotted muscle tee follows suit swimmingly.
5. Little Kiss Perfect Earrings ($11): We’re smitten with these gem encrusted lip earrings—they’d add a welcome touch of whimsey (and bling!) to your everyday getup.
6. Lulu Guinness Red Perspex Lips Clutch ($420): We have to admit, this lips-shaped clutch is pretty freaking rad. But if we had to choose between it and the classic red lips novelty phone (it looks just like it, right?), we’d hands down go with the latter. You’ll be equally happy and shocked to know that Best Buy sells the retro relic!
7. Sonia by Sonia Rykiel Exclusive to Asos T-Shirt in Lips Print ($112): Who ever thought that lips would be the new stripes? It’s a super cute take on such a classic pattern. The preppy vibe is kept alive with the boat neck and three-quarter sleeves.
8. Material Girl Necklace Gold Tone Kiss My Lips Pendant Necklace ($7): This triple-tiered necklace rocks a refreshingly non-red lip that would look awesome paired with a black scoop neck. Only straightforward smoochers need apply!
9. Lulu Guinness Striped Foldaway Shopper Bag ($65): This Beetlejuice-striped shopper is secretly a two-in-one bag: if you don’t need all the space this tote has to offer, the large lips graphic unzips from the front and becomes a covetable clutch. Did that just blow your mind!?
10. Asos Curve Sweater With Elbow Lips Elbow Patch ($33): Lip-shaped elbow patches? What a cute way to stay cozy! Someone DIY this for us stat.
12. Betsy Johnson Status Lip Drop Earrings ($15): Every lady should have a pair of gold drop earrings at her disposal, so why not make yours lip shaped?
13. Sheer Kisses Socks ($8): These sheer socks are a must have if you’re going all out with a red hot look for Valentine’s Day. We love how they’re unapologetically paired with red pumps.
14. Lips & Hearts Cotton Fleece Sweatshirt ($540): You guys wouldn’t believe how hot lips graphics are taking over the world of high fashion—big names like Saint Laurent, Alice + Olivia, and even Stella McCartney are lip locked, as you can see from this designer sweatshirt. If we had a sweatshirt savings account, you better believe we’d be adding this stunner to our cart.
15. Lulu Guinness Lip Blot Coin Purse ($116): This might be our favorite lipsmacked item on this roundup: the blotted lips graphic provides the most perfectly simple pop on this small black coin purse. Obsessed.
16. Markus Lupfur Stripe Sequin Lara Lips Sweatshirt ($467): No we’re not just huge Rocky Horror fans, we’re just suckers for sequined sweatshirts. I actually have a similar shimmering sweatshirt, so naturally we’re way into this punchy piece.
What lip looks are you ogling? Are there any other graphics you’re drawn to this holiday? Tell us in the comments below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.