13 Rhubarb Recipes to Make This Spring
Spring is an exciting time. Not only do we get to bid the bleak winter skies adieu as we welcome some much-needed sunshine, but we also get to say hello to some of our fave produce. Healthy stalks of asparagus will make an appearance at our local farmers’ markets, and we’ll be spoiled with peas aplenty. But there’s one ingredient that’s easy to miss — rhubarb. Keep your eyes peeled for the red stalks, because you’re going to want to make one (or ALL) of these 13 divine sweets (yes, pie is included).
2. Rhubarb and Vanilla Friands: Tart rhubarb and sweet vanilla get along swimmingly in these pretty little cakes. They are as delicious as they are adorable, and they only take an hour to make. (via Eat Little Bird)
4. Pink Ombre Rhubarb Mini Cakes: These gorgeous ombre stacks are a sure way to WOW people at any occasion. Fresh rhubarb compote is sandwiched with buttercream for a mouth-watering dessert op. (via Lauren Caris Cooks)
5. Strawberry Rhubarb Coconut Popsicles: Even if spring is still a little chilly, you won’t be able to resist these bad boys. Life is too short to say no to popsicles, so throw on a hoodie and enjoy. (via Life Made Sweeter)
6. Croquembouche: This elegant, showstopping dessert is no easy feat, but if you’re up for the challenge, it’s totally worth it. Especially if you incorporate the sweet and sour flavors of Chantilly cream and rhubarb. (via Patisserie Makes Perfect)
7. Rhubarb and Pear Crumble: Move over, apples; there’s a new crumble in town. The snappy flavor of rhubarb matches brilliantly with the deep flavors of pear in this crispy and crunchy godsend. (via Grits and Chopsticks)
10. Pistachio Pavlova With Rhubarb Curd: Anytime pistachio makes an appearance in a dessert, we get excited. But our excitement is brought to a whole new level with this swoon-worthy pavlova smothered in rhubarb-y goodness. (via A Side of Sweet)
11. Rhubarb Meringue Cake: The variety of textures in this glorious cake are AH-mazing. You get a crisp meringue top, a sweet and soft shortbread cookie bottom, and tangy rhubarb throughout. (via She Bakes Here)
12. Rhubarb and Custard Tarts With Crushed Hazelnuts: Friends, it does not get anymore spring-y than this pretty little tart. Shortcrust casings are filled with a rich and velvety custard, and topped with juicy rhubarb. (via The Kiwi Cook)
13. Rustic Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Almond Galettes: Rhubarb goes great with a lot of things, but there is no denying the special relationship between rhubarb and strawberries. This rustic galette showcases that perfectly, and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream is certainly welcome. (via The Hungry Cook)
Check us out on Pinterest for more seasonal sweetness!