This Paleo Orange Chicken Recipe is Made Easier in Your Instant Pot
- 1 cup arrowroot
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken (breast, thighs or combo — we used 2:1 breast/thigh combo), cubed into approximately 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 10-15 dashes Red Boat fish sauce (other brands are fine, but we think Red Boat tastes the best)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 6-10 dried chile de àrbol
- zest and juice of 2 navel oranges
- cauliflower rice or vegetable noodles like zoodles, to serve
- chopped scallion and sesame seeds, to garnish, optional
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the arrowroot, ground ginger, granulated garlic, ground cinnamon, and salt. Add the chunks of chicken, coating each piece thoroughly with the arrowroot mixture. Hands (or tongs) are the best tools for this job.
Heat the 1/2 cup of coconut oil on sauté mode of the Instant Pot for a few minutes. Carefully add the chicken to the hot oil, being sure to shake off excess arrowroot mixture beforehand. Stir every few minutes, allowing the chicken to brown upon contact with bottom of Instant Pot.
Once most of the chicken pieces are browned, add the sauce, chiles de àrbol, orange zest and juice; stir to combine.
Cover and switch Instant Pot to high pressure mode for 10 minutes. Make sure vent is closed.
Once cycle is complete, quick release the pressure valve.
Serve chicken immediately with cauliflower rice or vegetable noodles. Garnish with chopped scallion and sesame seeds if you’d like.
- 20 Citrusy Recipes to Ring in Chinese New Year - Brit + Co ›
- 15 Slow-Cooker Chicken Recipes Perfect for Dinner Tonight + ... ›
- Easy Instant Pot Meals to Kick Off the Memorial Day Weekend - Brit + Co ›
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)