This Easy, Weeknight Beef Stew Recipe Begins With Your Instant Pot
- 2 tablespoons ghee (or butter)
- 2 pounds stew beef cut into bite-sized pieces and sprinkled with garlic salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 16 ounce container cremini mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 quart beef broth
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 bay leaves
- thickener of your choice like cornstarch, arrowroot, potato starch, (optional)
- parsley, to garnish
Set the Instant Pot to sauté. Melt ghee, then working in batches, sauté the meat for 2-3 minutes, turning every minute so all sides are browned. Transfer meat to a plate and set aside.
Add onion and sauté, scraping up the brown bits. Sprinkle salt over onion and allow to caramelize. If mixture becomes too dry, add splashes of the beef broth. Once fully caramelized, cancel sauté.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot. Cover and lock lid into place. Select meat/stew function, or set the IP to pressure cook on high for 35 minutes.
Once fully cooked, allow for a natural pressure release (about 30 minutes).
If it’s too soupy, scoop out a little broth. Whisk in the thickener of your choice until no clumps remain. Then stir it into the soup. If it’s still not thick enough, repeat until the desired texture is reached. Season with more garlic salt to taste.
Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley.
- This Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe Is Practically Magic ... ›
- This Easy, Weeknight Beef Stew Recipe Begins With Your Instant Pot ›
- Here's the Easiest (and Quickest) Way to Pressure Cook Chicken ... ›
- This Instant Pot Carnitas Recipe Satisfies All of Your Summer Taco ... ›
- 56 Easy Pressure-Cooker Recipes Even a Beginner Can Make - Brit ... ›
- 45 Beginner Instant Pot Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners - Brit + ... ›
- 19 Instant Pot Recipes for When You’re Even Too Busy for a Slow Cooker - Brit + Co ›