This Easy Weeknight Beef Stew Recipe Begins With Your Instant Pot
This Instant Pot beef stew is pure culinary magic. When you follow this recipe, you'll discover a symphony of rich and hearty flavors that will accompany your cozy winter nights cuddled up on the couch watching your new favorite movie. Picture your kitchen filled with the enticing aroma of simmering beef, hearty vegetables, and savory herbs as we unlock the secrets to a beef stew that's not only yummy, but quick and effortless to create. Let's dive in!
Our Instant Pot Beef Stew boasts rich flavors and some tender, succulent beef. The magic of the Instant Pot transforms tough cuts of beef into melt-in-your-mouth perfection, while carrots, potatoes, and onions soak up the savory goodness of a well-seasoned broth. With each spoonful, you'll experience the warmth of home-cooked comfort and the convenience of a meal that comes together effortlessly, making it the perfect dish for busy days and cozy evenings alike.
Ingredients For Our Tasty Instant Pot Beef Stew
- 2 tablespoons ghee (or butter)
- 2 pounds stew beef cut into bite-sized pieces and sprinkled with garlic salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 16 ounce container cremini mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 quart beef broth
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 bay leaves
- Thickener of your choice like cornstarch, arrowroot, potato starch, (optional)
- Parsley, to garnish
How To Make Instant Pot Beef Stew, The Easy Way
1. Set your Instant Pot to sauté. Melt the ghee, then working in batches, sauté the meat for 2-3 minutes, turning every minute so all sides are browned. Once cooked, transfer the meat to a plate and set it aside.
2. Add the onion and sauté, scraping up the brown bits as you cook. Sprinkle some salt over the onion and allow it to caramelize. If the mixture becomes too dry, add splashes of beef broth. Once they're fully caramelized, cancel the sauté setting on your Instant Pot.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the Instant Pot. Cover and lock the lid into place. Select the meat/stew function, or set to pressure cook on high for 35 minutes.
4. Once fully cooked, allow for a natural pressure release of the stew (about 30 minutes).
5. Ladle your Instant Pot beef stew into bowls and garnish with parsley.
Tips For Making Instant Pot Beef Stew
- If the stew turns out too soupy, scoop out a little broth, and add in the thickener of your choice until no clumps remain. If it’s still not thick enough after stirring, repeat this step until the you reach the desired texture.
- If you want some more flavor, season the stew with more garlic salt to taste.
Sign up for our newsletter to discover more tasty recipes every week!
Recipe via Anna Monette Roberts. Photos via Brittany Griffin.
This post has been updated.
- This Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe Is Practically Magic ... ›
- This Easy, Weeknight Beef Stew Recipe Begins With Your Instant Pot ›
- Here's the Easiest (and Quickest) Way to Pressure Cook Chicken ... ›
- This Instant Pot Carnitas Recipe Satisfies All of Your Summer Taco ... ›
- 56 Easy Pressure-Cooker Recipes Even a Beginner Can Make - Brit ... ›
- 45 Beginner Instant Pot Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners - Brit + ... ›
- 19 Instant Pot Recipes for When You’re Even Too Busy for a Slow Cooker - Brit + Co ›
- 11 Rhubarb Spring Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 19 Soul-Warming Beef Stew Recipes For Cozy Nights At Home - Brit + Co ›