Make This Gameday Bacon Pastry Twists With Beer Cheese Dip Recipe
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 20-22 bacon strips
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup beer (we used Budweiser)
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking parchment. Unroll the pastry sheets with the wide end facing you. Sprinkle on the shredded cheddar. Arrange the bacon on top of the cheese, so it’s almost touching, but not overlapping. Slice the pastry into strips, in between each bacon strip.
Twist each of the pastry strips so you get an even twist.
Place the twists on the two baking trays (not too close, as they will expand in the oven). Brush any pastry you can see with the whisked egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and the bacon is crisp.
While the pastry twists are cooking, make the dip. Place all of the ingredients, except the beer, parsley and chili flakes, into a saucepan. Heat on medium until melted and thickened. Add in the beer and stir again, then simmer gently for five minutes. Pour into a heat-proof serving dish, then place under the broiler until the top is slightly charred. Carefully remove from the grill and sprinkle with parsley and chili flakes.
Serve the bacon-pastry twists and beer-cheese dip together. Mmmmm, dippy cheesiness!
- Touchdown! 15 Victorious Dips for Game Day - Brit + Co ›
- Make This Gameday Bacon Pastry Twists With Beer Cheese Dip ... ›
- 37 Game-Day Snack Recipes to Satisfy *All* Special Diets - Brit + Co ›
- 11 Sweet and Savory Recipes to Use Up That Box of Puff Pastry - Brit + Co ›