13 Shift Dresses to Brighten Up Your Work Wardrobe
We’re dreaming of spring, picnics and colorful dresses that can be thrown on and styled with flats, booties and soon enough, sandals. Shift dresses have a classic style that can easily be mixed into your wardrobe because they’re easy to layer under or over. While they’re reliable, shift dresses don’t have to be boring — we’ve found the best printed, patterned and colorful frocks for you to sport at your next brunch affair.
1. Short-Sleeve Brushstroke Shift ($139): Here’s an abstract print featuring a great color palette for spring. This effortless-looking shift can be layered with a blazer for work or paired with heels and a clutch for girls night.
2. Embroidered Chambray Dress ($40): You’re looking at the perfect weekend dress. It’s light, casual and easy to toss on for brunch. If you’re gearing up for festival season, you’ll want to layer this with necklaces and pair it with a hat.
3. Floral Print Embellished Shift ($101): A dreamy print, flowy sleeves and rhinestone collar detail make this dress a go-to for spring. Dress it up with heels and oodles of cocktail rings or wear it with some black booties for a laid-back, boho look.
5. Split-Sleeve Printed Shift ($119): Channel your inner ’70s child with this fun, geometric print. The peekaboo sleeves show a little skin while providing coverage. Try this on with suede clogs or tall boots and make a groovy statement.
9. Bright Pink Short-Sleeved Dress ($23): Add some color to your wardrobe with this hot pink shift. For daytime, pair it with a denim jacket and crisp white sneakers. Wear with platforms and a sparkling statement necklace for night.
10. Line + Dot-Printed Dress ($149): Get artsy with a trendy brushstroke print. We love the colors in this piece and can’t wait to pair it with black tights and heeled booties for the perfect gallery opening — or wherever we’re headed — look.
11. Scallop Shift Dress ($59): Pastels are in season, and we love this sweet, peachy shift. The scalloped detail around the sleeves and hemline give it added flair. Pair it with a fresh spring face, gold jewels and a wedge sandal.
12. Tiered Color Block Shift ($129): Long live the shirtdress! This high-low color blocked dress is great for the office with tights or for an easy weekend outfit. The poppy color gives it a punch.
Are you a fan of shifts or is there another silhouette you fancy? Let us know in the comments!
Whether you want to tap into some holiday nostalgia, or find a fun DIY to do with your kiddos, this simple snow globe craft offers both! Together with Camp by Walmart, we built a customizable crafting journey so you can execute this decor upgrade based on your style preferences and the supplies you have around the house. For this project, you'll need to decide if you want your snow globe to be inside of a mason jar or glass orb, what type of snow you want (hello, glitter!), and what holiday scene should go inside. With 16 possible outcomes, we can't wait to see what you come up with. Check it out by watching the winter wonderland snow globe tutorial now!