How to Throw a Taylor Swift-Approved Party
What do you call an event where Jay Z, Beyoncé, Selena Gomez and Justin Timberlake are all in attendance? Nope, not the Grammy’s – or the MTV music awards. Try Taylor Swift’s birthday party.
1. Set Up a Photo Booth: Because we all know if it’s not on social media it didn’t actually happen. Set up a fun backdrop (maybe with balloons and gold fringe like Taylor’s), designate a party hashtag and get tagging – or untagging ;) (via @nickjonas)
2. Have Props on the Ready: If a photo booth isn’t enough, find or make some props that coordinate with your theme for guests to wear both in pictures and just around the party. Justin Timberlake really upped the mask game in an emoji poop mask. (via @charli_xcx)
3. Have a Theme: To keep things cohesive and totally Pin-worthy, incorporate a theme into your party. It will not only make it easier to decorate, but will also give guests a better idea of what to wear and bring. Since Swift’s bash fell just over a week before Christmas, she appropriately went with a holiday theme. (via @taylorswift)
4. Keep the Food Simple: Classy dinner parties can be fun, but for the most part people just want to munch on something they can pronounce. Taylor kept things about as simple as party food gets with a cake and 40 delivered pizzas. (via @taylorswift)
5. Bring Something Personal: This tip is more for the guests than the host, but important all the same. Whether you’re unable to make it or just want to give a little something to say thanks for fun, it’s always a good idea to go with something personal. Lena Dunham wasn’t able to attend Taylor’s shindig, but she did gift her this amazing necklace complete with a picture of her cat. If you’re in need of some inspiration for a customizable gift, check out our custom shop. (via @taylorswift)
6. Bring Beyoncé: Haha. No but really. Bring Beyoncé and people will come. (via @taylorswift)
Are you throwing a holiday party this Christmas season? What fun party element are you incorporating in your soiree?