How to Throw a Taylor Swift-Approved Party
What do you call an event where Jay Z, Beyoncé, Selena Gomez and Justin Timberlake are all in attendance? Nope, not the Grammy’s – or the MTV music awards. Try Taylor Swift’s birthday party.
For her 25th bday this past Saturday, the pop sensation performed at Madison Square Garden and then celebrated with all of her closest friends (AKA pretty much everyone under 30 in the entertainment industry). You can forget about that vision you have of a fancy venue and trays full of caviar. T. Swift went full house party on this thing, inviting everyone over to her loft in Tribeca where they had cake and pizza – how you can fit that much stardom in one apartment we’re not totally sure. If your invite got lost in the mail like ours did, here are a few ways you can recreate a Swift-approved soiree.
1. Set Up a Photo Booth: Because we all know if it’s not on social media it didn’t actually happen. Set up a fun backdrop (maybe with balloons and gold fringe like Taylor’s), designate a party hashtag and get tagging – or untagging ;) (via @nickjonas)
2. Have Props on the Ready: If a photo booth isn’t enough, find or make some props that coordinate with your theme for guests to wear both in pictures and just around the party. Justin Timberlake really upped the mask game in an emoji poop mask. (via @charli_xcx)
3. Have a Theme: To keep things cohesive and totally Pin-worthy, incorporate a theme into your party. It will not only make it easier to decorate, but will also give guests a better idea of what to wear and bring. Since Swift’s bash fell just over a week before Christmas, she appropriately went with a holiday theme. (via @taylorswift)
4. Keep the Food Simple: Classy dinner parties can be fun, but for the most part people just want to munch on something they can pronounce. Taylor kept things about as simple as party food gets with a cake and 40 delivered pizzas. (via @taylorswift)
5. Bring Something Personal: This tip is more for the guests than the host, but important all the same. Whether you’re unable to make it or just want to give a little something to say thanks for fun, it’s always a good idea to go with something personal. Lena Dunham wasn’t able to attend Taylor’s shindig, but she did gift her this amazing necklace complete with a picture of her cat. If you’re in need of some inspiration for a customizable gift, check out our custom shop. (via @taylorswift)
6. Bring Beyoncé: Haha. No but really. Bring Beyoncé and people will come. (via @taylorswift)
Are you throwing a holiday party this Christmas season? What fun party element are you incorporating in your soiree?