Trade Out Your Winter Layers for These 22 Spring Dresses
Even if the weather hasn’t rightfully earned the title of spring-like just yet, that doesn’t mean we can’t start planning our ideal warm-weather wardrobes. Balmy temps and brilliant sunshine are right around the corner, plus it’s always better to be prepared, right? And we are more than ready to ditch our heavy layers for something a little lighter. To give you a head start in the spring sartorial department, we took it upon ourselves to hunt down 22 fabulous frocks that are sure to put a little pep in your step, even before March 20 rolls around.
1. Alexa Chung for AG Ruffled Chambray Dress ($228): We’ll be taking this flirty, feminine dress on every weekend getaway from now until Labor Day. It’s basically made for boardwalk strolls and sipping glasses of chilled rosé.
2. Sportmax Code Floral Swing Dress ($317): We like to think that donning a bright floral dress before the blooms are officially out is kind of like sending positive, encouraging vibes out into the atmosphere. That means spring is coming sooner, right?
4. Zara Dress with Seamed Skirt ($100): This striped number is perfect for transitional dressing. The long sleeves will keep your arms covered while the temperatures are still a little less than ideal, but the leg-baring length is ready to embrace those sans tights kind of days.
5. River Island Orange Animal Print Maxi Dress ($84): This bright animal print dress is just begging to be whisked away on your next holiday in the sun.
6. Monsoon Mikado Print Maxi Dress ($262): Have a wedding or two on your agenda? Fluttering sleeves, a floor-length silhouette and bright floral print make this the perfect choice for a beachy formal affair.
7. Topshop Paris Floral Print Pinny Dress ($90): Thanks to the love affair with the ’60s and ’70s right now, mini dresses are having a major moment. Get in on the throwback action with a bright pinny dress with an eye-popping floral print. Wear it alone or layered over an airy blouse for those days when spring just isn’t a thing.
8. Lane Bryant Floral Maxi Dress with Asymmetric Hem ($90): Research says plants can have a positive effect on our mood, so think of this bright botanical number as a super easy and convenient mood booster.
9. Ted Baker Midi Dress in Distinguishing Rose Print ($285): Get your workwear in on the warm-weather revamp with classy mid-length sheaths in pastel hues and flowery prints.
10. Mango Striped Bow Dress ($60): This bright yellow and blue striped number is fabulous on its own, but when paired with a beige suede jacket and chunky brown leather heels, you’ve got yourself a seriously stunning look.
11. French Connection Flight of Fancy Shift Dress ($168): Fluted sleeves channel a retro vibe on this fresh, floral frock that we can’t get enough of. Dress it up with colorful eye-catching accessories for a special occasion or throw it over casual lace ups for a more laid-back look.
12. COS Loose Fit Jersey Dress ($79): It may not be white, but we see this sunny yellow dress as a blank canvas just waiting for the right accessories to unlock its endless potential.
13. Tracy Reese La Paz Cutout Dress ($228): Why wait for summer to bust out the bright hues? This vibrant number channels the warm, lively city for which it’s named, making it the ideal party getup.
14. River Island Yellow Floral Kimono Sleeve Dress ($70): Banish bad moods with a flattering dress in a super cheerful hue. The only thing that could make it better? A sleek metal belt for an extra polished finish.
15. Forever21 Crisscross Cutout-Back Maxi Dress ($25): Both effortless and elegant, this dress should definitely be tacked on to your list of wedding-approved looks.
16. Ganni 60s A-Line Dress with Frill ($211): Remember that time we said ruffles could be cool? Yeah, we weren’t kidding. Here is just one more example of a totally prime piece with a statement-making frill. Are you sold yet?
17. COS Printed Tunic Dress ($135): Polka dots is just one of those prints that will never really go away. COS takes the tried-and-true print and gives it a subtle update with uneven pale pink spots outlined in a bold blue. It feels fresh, modern and anything but cutesy.
18. Pink Clove ’70s Printed Dress With Bardot Frill ($43): This romantic, feminine frock is MADE for spring. Rock it with some metallic jewelry and boho accessories to really channel that ’70s fashionista spirit.
19. Lipstick Boutique Rosie Munich Cream Daisy Midi Skirt + Top ($69): Make your morning that much easier with a stylish matching set that plays up the spring season.
20. BB Dakota Faxon Striped Maxi Dress ($115): Ultra sheer skirts layered over body suits are super on-trend right now, not to mention incredibly sexy. We’re loving this daring look, especially when paired with soft pastel shades and understated patterns that keep it from feeling too over the top.
21. Zara Printed Front Pleat Dress with Pockets ($100): Whether you throw it on with a leather bomber and your trusty pair of tennis shoes or an office-appropriate blazer and heels, this lovely floral number is the ideal building block for any outfit.
22. Vila Blue Fit & Flare Pull Dress ($22): This simple pastel frock boasts a crazy flattering A-line silhouette that will make its way into your regular rotation.
23. Free People Maxi Dress in Floral Print ($140): If you’re lucky enough to live near the beach, this dress is made for frolicking surfside. Stuck in a cool concrete jungle? Add on a few layers like a long-line cardigan and waist belt to make it weather appropriate until temps start to rise.
What are you most excited about wearing this spring? Tell us in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)