Shamrocks, Leprechauns and Rainbows, Oh My! 25 St. Paddy’s Day Sweets
St. Patrick’s Day is all about beer, right? Not according to us. These 25 creative dessert recipes will help you focus your St. Paddy’s celebration on what’s really important — minty shamrocks, buttercream rainbows and fondant leprechauns. No need to search for the end of the rainbow. These sweet treats will have you feeling luckier than a pot o’ gold. Hosting a party? Don’t stop with your dessert, check out these perfect decor ideas too!
5. Irish Cream Coffee Chocolate Truffles: You knew Baileys was coming, didn’t you? We couldn’t keep Irish liquor out of these recipes completely, and we wouldn’t want to. These itty bitty things make great gifts as well as party favors. (via The Urban Baker)
7. Bottoms Up! Irish Creme Hot Fudge Cupcakes: This won’t be the last time you see Baileys, either. The creator of these babies calls them “interactive.” Pick up the mini bottle and watch your cake fill up with booze. Cool. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
10. Mint Cut Out Cookies with Dark Chocolate Glaze Icing: This heavenly dark-chocolate glaze will sweeten up any shape you choose to make. Go right for the shamrock or make a lucky one like this. (via Created by Diane)
12. Slice and Bake Shamrock Cookies: There’s nothing wrong with simple. The easier the recipe is, the more likely you are to find a way to make it for any holiday gathering. You can use these rolls of dough for any design that tickles your fancy. (via BHG)
17. Mint Chocolate Chip Shamrock Scones: Here’s a tasty dough that can be morphed into any shape for any occasion. Wake up with these scones for breakfast or make them sweeter for later in the day with lots of icing and toppings. The possibilities are endless. (via Created by Diane)
18. Green and White Popcorn and Pretzel Party Mix: We’re not sure how you’re supposed to make this without eating all of it in the process. If you’re successful, serve it in mixing bowls, tie it in plastic pouches or pour it into cupcake baking cups. (via The Yummy Life)
20. Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream Icing: Baileys? Of course. And here’s where the Guinness comes in. Can you make your desserts any more festive, inside and out? We think not. (via The Urban Baker)
21. Green Velvet Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey’s Buttercream: We can’t resist getting in on the fun. Here’s a favorite from last year’s holiday fun. (via Brit + Co.)
Can you think of any other creative ways to bake the luck of the Irish into your tasty goodies? Share the wealth in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)