Shamrocks, Leprechauns and Rainbows, Oh My! 25 St. Paddy’s Day Sweets
St. Patrick’s Day is all about beer, right? Not according to us. These 25 creative dessert recipes will help you focus your St. Paddy’s celebration on what’s really important — minty shamrocks, buttercream rainbows and fondant leprechauns. No need to search for the end of the rainbow. These sweet treats will have you feeling luckier than a pot o’ gold. Hosting a party? Don’t stop with your dessert, check out these perfect decor ideas too!
5. Irish Cream Coffee Chocolate Truffles: You knew Baileys was coming, didn’t you? We couldn’t keep Irish liquor out of these recipes completely, and we wouldn’t want to. These itty bitty things make great gifts as well as party favors. (via The Urban Baker)
7. Bottoms Up! Irish Creme Hot Fudge Cupcakes: This won’t be the last time you see Baileys, either. The creator of these babies calls them “interactive.” Pick up the mini bottle and watch your cake fill up with booze. Cool. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
10. Mint Cut Out Cookies with Dark Chocolate Glaze Icing: This heavenly dark-chocolate glaze will sweeten up any shape you choose to make. Go right for the shamrock or make a lucky one like this. (via Created by Diane)
12. Slice and Bake Shamrock Cookies: There’s nothing wrong with simple. The easier the recipe is, the more likely you are to find a way to make it for any holiday gathering. You can use these rolls of dough for any design that tickles your fancy. (via BHG)
17. Mint Chocolate Chip Shamrock Scones: Here’s a tasty dough that can be morphed into any shape for any occasion. Wake up with these scones for breakfast or make them sweeter for later in the day with lots of icing and toppings. The possibilities are endless. (via Created by Diane)
18. Green and White Popcorn and Pretzel Party Mix: We’re not sure how you’re supposed to make this without eating all of it in the process. If you’re successful, serve it in mixing bowls, tie it in plastic pouches or pour it into cupcake baking cups. (via The Yummy Life)
20. Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream Icing: Baileys? Of course. And here’s where the Guinness comes in. Can you make your desserts any more festive, inside and out? We think not. (via The Urban Baker)
21. Green Velvet Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey’s Buttercream: We can’t resist getting in on the fun. Here’s a favorite from last year’s holiday fun. (via Brit + Co.)
Can you think of any other creative ways to bake the luck of the Irish into your tasty goodies? Share the wealth in the comments below!