Beyond the occasional well-calculated splurge, there’s something to be said about being the first among your clique to snag an It bag for a bargain. Imagine the look of surprise from the trendsetting set upon discovering you’re not flaunting some up-and-coming designer, but actually one of your beloved brands. *Gasp.* Ahead, we’re sharing 12 traffic-stopping statement bags — all priced at $250 or under — that won’t leave a major dent in your wallet. As per style criteria, they tick all the boxes (high-quality, trend-right, and wow-worthy in their own right) for no shortage of #OOTD awesomeness. You’re so welcome.
1. JumpFromPaper Heatwave Handbag ($99): Girl, we see you with your seafoam green, pop art-inspired bag that’s designed to make people stop ‘n’ stare. (Is it just us, or would this heatwave handbag double as a hella cool lunch bag?) Just as the name of this Taipei-based fashion brand suggests, these two-dimensional carryalls are for the quirky-minded.
2. PRIMECUT Spotted Fold Over Clutch ($160): Day or night, work or play, this multi-purpose spotted cowhide clutch means serious business. Bonus points: It looks best teamed with head-to-toe black for instant styling gratification.
3. Poppy Lissiman Young Americans Shoulder Bag ($140): For an entrance like “whoa,” you know what to do. Proceed to reach for this David Bowie-inspired shoulder bag with Ziggy Stardust charm. Be forewarned: You’ll have an urge to whip out the plush velvet leopard print flares and a vintage rocker tee come festival season.
4. Neely & Chloe No. 6 The Crossbody Soft ($228): Enter the elegant crossbody bag you didn’t know you needed, but now won’t be able to live without. We’re not sure how Neely & Chloe flew under our radar all these years, but consider us officially informed. Not only is this classic satchel the *perfect* size, but the cognac hue is beyond gorgeous. It’s safe to say you’ll appreciate the timeless design for years to come.
5. COS Unstructured Shopper Bag ($175): Minimalist enthusiasts, unite! Embrace the “less is more” lifestyle once and for all with this soft leather shopper tote that requires ZERO effort. Just toss in your junk (err, rather, makeup and “work stuff”), sling it over your shoulder and shuffle out the door with minutes to spare. Can we get an amen to that?
6. Dagne Dover The Tiny Tote ($175): Don’t let the description fool ya. While this may be Dagne Dover’s smallest tote, it’s still roomy enough to stash away all your morning commute essentials. AKA, basically a working gal’s dream. Thanks to a slew of handy compartments, a three-pocket card case, and a free-wheelin’ crossbody strap, all of your multitasking needs will be taken care of (try drinks in one hand, calling cards in the other).
7. Zara City Bag With Scarf ($40): This structured city bag was made for the HBIC (that would be you, boo). Usher in an era of smart dressing by styling it alongside a power suit and ankle-strap heels for no shortage of nasty woman appeal. The tickled pink hue and accompanying scarf would do Anna Wintour proud.
8. Pine & Boon Knotted Crossbody ($210): Designed with the “every girl” in mind, these versatile zippered crossbody sacs — featuring a punched dots design and adjustable straps — will accompany you on your daily adventures, whether you’re heading to the flea market or brunching with the girls. Plain white tennies and a chambray shirt are practically in order for self-proclaimed busy girls who gravitate toward a casual-cool vibe.
9. Kai Shoulder Bag in Black ($68): Round out your capsule wardrobe with this compact convertible bag that looks way more expensive than it really is. Could’ve fooled us. Vintage mom jeans and Stan Smiths are a must for a trying-but not-trying-too-hard vibe.
10. LOÉIL Forziéri Bag ($89): Fuzzy steppers, step aside. You’ve had your 15 minutes in the spotlight. Moving onto the next big thang, luxe bags featuring faux fur handles (in trending pink, no less) are officially on our radar. How could you possibly say no to its diva appeal? That’s not even a question.
11. Clare V. Florist Striped Pouch ($218): For when you want to tote around only the essentials, we recommend this sleek graffiti floral clutch that promises to work its magic around the clock. Think: rolled-up boyfriend jeans and a pajama-esque blouse by day and an LBD come cocktail hour. The bold orange and navy stripe down the middle is guaranteed to turn some heads once on the streets.
12. Cult Gaia Gaias Ark in Dark Stain ($118): Need we remind you of the celebrity-approved wicker bag trend that freaking blew up last summer? We’re calling it NOW: It’s only a matter of time (cough, cough, spring break!) before the pre-orders start rolling in for this vacay-ready bamboo handbag by Cult Gaia. Run, don’t walk — that’s all we’re saying.
Which of these street MVP-worthy statement bags will you be snatching up? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.