We all have those mornings when we want to do something special with our hair, but have zero time to put together an updo. However, with a simple twist and tie of a scarf you can add color, dimension and a fashion-forward attitude to your entire look. It’s time to say goodbye to sad, boring ponytails and plain, messy buns. Whether you’re going for the casual festival look or a whimsical brunch date ‘do, the basic scarf will become your new fave hair accessory.
1. Maiden Braid: Take your maiden braid to the next level by weaving your scarf, or any piece of fabric, right in. This trend-setting updo will get lots of oohs and ahhs. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Ponytail Accent: A ponytail can go from basic to oh-so stylish with the addition of a simple scarf. It also provides a modern spin on a classic ‘50s style that we can totally get behind. (via Goldfish Kiss)
3. DIY Headband: If you can’t find the perfect color combo, make your own headband in just 15 minutes. (via Brit + Co)
4. Turban: A turban is the most technical look to pull off, but with the right practice and a few views of this video, you’ll be a expert in no time at all. (via Jessica Pettway)
5. Basic Twist: A simple twist in front is the perfect chic and sophisticated style for a weekend of errands. (via Kendi Everyday)
6. Classic Vintage: With a camera on every phone, just about anyone can feel like the paparazzi, even your BFF. This vintage style will make you look put together at any angle, even for the unexpected selfie. (via Refinery 29)
7. Pretty as a Bow: When you want to go for the ultimate girly look, a small bow is the perfect touch for an everyday occasion. (via Wonder Forest)
8. Curls: We know that curly hair can occasionally have a mind of its own, but that natural volume works oh-so well for a variety of scarf styles. (via VisforVirtue)
9. Loose Bun: When a scarf looks polished in the front, but you just don’t know what do with the rest of it, tuck it into a loose bun for a ‘do that screams flawless. (via Refinery 29)
10. Short Hair: Accessories can really spruce up a short hairdo, and this fierce wrap does just that. Pair it with a bold lip for a sexy vintage look. (via Keiko Lynn)
What’s your favorite way to style a scarf? Tell us in the comments!