It’s a (Head)Wrap! 23 Ways to Rock a Turban
In our continuing attempt to channel boho chic in all we do (*cough* cyberstalking Lauren Conrad and Blake Lively *cough*), we’ve kept our eyes on a trend that keeps any outfit feeling breezy no matter what the season. We’re talking about turbans and turbands, those chic headpieces that are ace tress tamers when it’s hot out, awesome ear warmers when the chill comes, and outfit perfecters always. Never tied one up or pulled one on before? No problem! We’ve trolled the interwebs and social media for a plethora of styling ideas from our fave style bloggers and street style pics alike. So bring on the headpieces!
1. Fashion Week Chic: Avoiding frostbite can be fashionable — and who better to show us that Julia of Gal Meets Glam? Have you been following along on her picture-perfect European adventure? We sure have! (via Gal Meets Glam)
3. Design Cred: Russian designer Natasha Goldenberg takes outfit risks that pay off big — um, those scalloped sleeves styled with major neck candy and a floral-printed turban? Swoon! (via Trend Feather)
6. Cognitive Dissonance: It might not be our first instinct to pair feminine pieces like a poufy skirt and pearls with a dark denim jacket, but when styled with cat eye glasses and a monochromatic head wrap, we’re all about it. (via PopSugar)
8. Chunky Knits: A fisherman’s knit sweater, scarf and turban in coordinating gray patterns make up a perfect fall outfit. Add a new novel and a warm cup of tea for a lovely afternoon. (via Lovely Pepa)
9. Color Blocked: Light it up with primary colors and an over-the-top turban. The peplum on the skirt makes it appropriate for any occasion, and the turban gives you killer personality, especially when it’s color blocked so editorially. (via Style Gallivanter)
18. French Girl Stripes: We all know the best street style comes from Paris, where every rue is a runway. Continue refining your effortless French girl look with stripes, a moto vest and that chic black turban. (via Polienne)
Have you/would you rock a turban? Where do you find the best street style inspiration? Sound off below!