15 Ways to Style Tweed That Won’t Remind You of Grandma
If you associate tweed with your grandparents and old English films, it’s time to rethink the fabric. From mini skirts to oversized jackets and colorful accents, tweed comes in enough varieties to suit everyone’s personal style. To help inspire you to wear this traditional staple, we’ve put together 15 stylish ways to wear tweed that are anything but frumpy.
5. Statement Necklace and T-Shirt: You’ll find yourself reaching for tweed on an everyday basis with this effortless look. Cutoff jeans, a white tee and silver statement jewelry take that old school jacket to a whole new cool. (via Sincerely Jules)
6. Short Dress with Leather: Make tweed super haute with a short dress and an edgy leather jacket. Not sure about thigh high socks? Switch ’em out for some leggings and ankle booties to get that rock-n-roll vibe. (via Ria Michelle)
7. Layer the Textures: Why not layer up the colors and textures by wearing a tweed shirt over a long-sleeved striped tee? The boyfriend jeans and short heels complete this relaxed-yet-stylish outfit. (via Lella Victoria)
10. Sequins and Cutoffs: That tweed jacket won’t know what hit it when you pair it with a sequined top and cutoff jeans. Just the right amount of sparkle and texture, this look will keep you festive long after the holidays. (via Who What Wear)
13. Broad Shoulders and High Waisted Pants: Create a timeless silhouette with some broad shoulders and a high-waisted tweed pant. This look is elegant enough that it could easily transition from work to evening wear. (via Who What Wear)
14. Boldly Orchid: Pair a dark tweed jacket and dark jeans with a bright top in your fave color. A statement necklace helps draw the attention up to your face — a useful trick, especially if you’re petite. (via Cute and Little)
Which tweed look are you going to rock? Talk to us in the comments below!