20 Cute + Cozy Fall Coats
Can you feel the chill in the air? Even if it’s not quite cold where you live yet, it’s time to shop for your fall coat(s). Not too heavy, but still warm enough when the temperatures take a sudden plunge, these jackets, car coats, and trenches are all on our shopping lists for the season. You can never have too many coats. (At least that’s the story we’re sticking with.)
1. Clovelly Trapeze Coat ($228): This loose, ladylike car coat is a great fall transition piece. We love that the robin’s egg blue hue lightens it up.
2. Silence + Noise Moto Jacket ($99): We can’t resist a moto jacket, and this vegan leather version is both budget- and animal-friendly.
4. Women’s Military Jacket ($70): This military-inspired jacket is perfect for cool fall temps. It’s lightweight, and has a quilted lining that keeps out the chill.
5. Park City Fur Trim Coat ($89): We can definitely see this coat on the slopes (or in the lodge) around Park City. Sometimes you just need to get cozy with a (faux) fur collar.
6. Faux Leather Varsity Jacket ($23): Whether you’re sporty or not, there’s something about fall that calls for a letter jacket. This one is a steal!
8. Desert Marled Knit Moto Jacket ($78): You don’t have to wear leather (real or faux) to rock the moto trend. This knit version is the perfect lightweight topper.
9. Tribal Traveler Jacket ($89): Like military jackets, but find them a bit boring? Opt for this tribal trimmed version. It adds color without being overwhelming.
10. Futuristic Moto Jacket ($40): A metallic moto jacket? Sign.us.up! This chic silver jacket will go with everything.
11. Collection Icon Trench ($298): No question that this coat is an investment piece, but it will serve you well for years. It can go with your work wardrobe or pair perfectly with your favorite sweater, jeans, and boots combo.
12. Clementine Canvas Jacket ($268): Bright pumpkin is one of the colors of fall. We’d recommend wearing this while you enjoy your PSL.
13. Oversized Studded Jacket ($48): Another fresh take on the military trend, this coat has a looser drape, and incorporates one of our favorite embellishments—studs!
14. Rainy Day Mac ($143): If you live somewhere that fall means lots of rain, invest in this waterproof jacket. We love the striped update!
15. Nylon Taffeta Wind Breaker ($42): Sometimes you just need a track jacket. It’s a lightweight, windproof layer perfect for going to a football game, or to stuff in your bag for those nights that turn chilly. And because it’s from American Apparel it comes in every color imaginable.
16. Vintage Denim Jacket ($128): A denim jacket is a wardrobe staple. If you don’t have one (or if yours has seen better days) buy this one immediately.
17. Cropped Double-Breasted Jacket ($130): Told you pumpkin was popping up everywhere! This cotton peacoat-inspired jacket is just the way to take your wardrobe to the next level this fall.
18. Plaid Vegan Leather Sleeve Coat ($129): You might feel like you’re wearing a plaid blanket to stay warm, but we guarantee you’ll look much more stylish.
19. Lazy Oaf Kagoule Windbreaker ($192): If you’re going to wear a windbreaker, you might as well have fun with it! This colorful version is what you should pack for that final Fall camping adventure.
20. Striped Fleece Moto Jacket ($188): Proof that there is a fashionable way to wear fleece, this striped coat is what would result if a sweatshirt and a motorcycle jacket had a baby.
BONUS: Standout Bat Jacket ($43): Oh that’s right, it’s a fuzzy, black and white bat jacket. We are at a loss for words. What do you think, is it BritList-worthy?
Which of these coats is your favorite? Tell us in the comments!