10 Subscription Boxes That Will Help You Nail Holiday Hosting Season
Hosting a party, especially during the holidays, comes with its own set of crazy. It’s the time of year when you’re pulled in a thousand different directions, making the task of being the hostess with the mostest nearly impossible. Enter, the subscription box. Think they’re just for gift giving? Think again. This #holidayhack will make your *own* life easier during the holiday crush, and no one will be the wiser. Scroll down for our favorite boxes you can subscribe to (or make it a one-time order only when you need it) to make you look as cool and collected as Martha herself.
1. Table + Teaspoon Place Settings ($24 each): A stunning tablescape is always the goal, but when you’re hosting a sit-down dinner for your in-laws, those place setting skills need to seriously shine. Table + Teaspoon has taken the guesswork out of what matches (and what doesn’t), and will send everything you need to set a stylish table setting without the commitment. When you’re done, you just send it all back.
2. Winc Personalized Wine Selection ($13+ per bottle): Nothing ruins a party faster than a funky bottle of wine. Avoid a Chardonnay catastrophe and sign up for Winc, a wine subscription service that will send up to six bottles a month to your home, all tailored to your palate. Cheers!
3. Red Velvet NYC Dessert Subscription Service ($49): ‘Tis the season for a sad, store-bought dessert purchased last minute before the party. But it doesn’t have to be! This monthly service sends you everything you need to make a tasty treat, without the hassle of measuring ingredients. Some might call it dessert for dummies, but we call it downright delicious.
4. Mostess Hostess Subscription Box ($135): When it comes to hosting like a pro, it’s all about the details, and the Cheers Winter Box by Mostess certainly delivers. For stress-free party throwing, this no-brainer box includes snacks, cocktails, and seasonal styling suggestions.
5. Crafted Taste Cocktail Kit ($160): Making artisanal drinks is always a pain when you have to track down bitters, simple syrups, and all the garnishes. Thankfully this cocktail kit comes complete with all the ingredients, so all you have to do is pour, shake, and mix for a specialty cocktail that will have you sipping your way through the season.
6. Blue Apron Meal Delivery Subscription ($48+): Making a meal that everyone will enjoy adds stress to the already hectic holidays. Take a load off by ordering a meal kit that comes with all the food you’ll need to feed a family of four. The instructions are so easy that even the youngest members of your brood can help.
7. Harry & David Appetizer Assortment ($60): Who the heck actually makes a dozen canapés from scratch? No one, that’s who. Order this gourmet variety online, and they’ll arrive in plenty of time to be heated, plated, and garnished before your guests arrive.
8. Flowers for Dreams Flower Subscription ($45): Fresh flowers are always that one thing you think about right before the doorbell rings. Save yourself a last-minute scramble to the bodega and schedule a delivery service like Flowers for Dreams for customized blooms delivered as often as you like.
9. Le Tote Outfit Subscription Box ($49): You may have the party decor on lock, but what about your look? With Le Tote’s subscription box, a variety of outfits arrive each month, so you can play around with different combos before you settle on your favorite. Just pay for the ones you want to keep and send the rest back.
10. Bouqs Wreath Delivery Boxes ($65): It wouldn’t be Christmas without a fragrant wreath (or two) around the house. These pretty pines are guaranteed to show up oh-so-fresh and last through the holidays.
Know of a great subscription box delivery service for entertaining? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.