Now that the holidays are fast approaching, it’s time to think of all the folks on your list for whom you need to buy presents (check out our tech gift guide if you haven’t yet!). The beauty of subscription gifts is that it’s the present that doesn’t require you to leave the house to purchase — you can do it in your PJs, at home and in bed! — and also, it’s the gift that keeps on giving. Basically, it’s the perfect choice for the lazy and generous. Scroll on for some subscription box gifts ideas everyone on your list will love.
1. Function of Beauty ($32 or $42): Function of Beauty shampoos and conditioners are entirely customizable, from the color to the scent of the product. Simply have ’em take a hair quiz to determine the hair concerns they want to address, choose their hair type, and voilà! A totally personalized hair regimen just for your mom/husband/girlfriend/etc. You get the picture.
2. Smile Direct Club ($1500 or $99/Month): Give someone the gift of a perfect smile. While Smile Direct Club is best for minor adjustments, it’s kind of a steal in terms of orthodontic work. All your loved one needs to do is take a smile assessment to determine if he or she is a good candidate, then Smile Direct Club will mail over an easy-to-use kit to make molds, and they’ll begin sending over week by week aligners that will make their smile perfect.
3. Graze ($12/Box): Graze is the best gift for keeping someone’s hangry at bay. Every box is packed with eight delicious snack packs of Graze’s own creation, and you can choose for the boxes to be delivered every week, two weeks or month. Plus, their library of snacks is MASSIVE. Get ready to feast.
4. Ritual Vitamins ($30/Month): Keep your gift recipient healthy with a subscription to Ritual. These two-a-day women’s vitamins are incredibly transparent with their ingredient sources (you can even read up on detailed info from the lead researchers from the source) and are backed by science. Only the good stuff here.
5. Le Tote ($39 or $59/Month): No one is going to say no to a box of beautiful clothing you can try out, keep as long as you want and even sell you what you LOVE from it at a discount. Le Tote has a great collection of everything from tops to accessories, so the fashionista in your life can always stay stylish.
6. Quip ($40 Upfront then $10/3 Months): While we all know dental hygiene is deeply important, perhaps you think giving someone a subscription to toothbrushes and toothpaste sounds not all that fun. Welp, Quip might change your mind about that. You pay $40 up front for a sleek electric toothbrush that comes in six pretty colors (it comes with toothbrush, a travel cover mount, a large toothpaste and a small toothpaste), then $10 every three months after that for a replacement brush head, another large toothpaste, a small toothpaste and a AAA battery.
7. Birchbox ($30/3 Months): No subscription gift guide would be complete without the OG of subscription gifts: Birchbox. Six years after the birth of Birchbox, the company — and the samples inside — are better than ever. Subscribe your friend now and she’ll receive the special holiday edition of the box. Also, there’s Birchbox for Men as well now!
8. Sephora Play! Box ($10/Month): Many folks don’t realize that Sephora also has a subscription model for deluxe sized samples called Play! At a competitive $10 a month, you get a box full of travel and sample-sized goodies. The only problem is the service has been so popular, there’s a waitlist to get on it! Don’t worry though. The beauty co. is working to expand the number of subscriptions by the month.
9. The Book Drop ($16/Month): The bookworm in your life is going to love this! For just $16 a month, he or she will receive a box of five different titles. You can even cater to his or her reading interests by selecting a different themed box: The Jane for readers interested in tales about women, The Ernest for folks who like stories about men, a YA selection and one for kids too!
10. Vinyl Me, Please ($100/3 Months): This is the perfect subscription gift for the record-zealot you know. Gifts come in three, six or 12-month options and is basically a digital gift card for their record library. Every month, she’ll receive an LP pressed exclusively for Vinyl Me, Please members, an original 12”x12” art print inspired by the album, a custom cocktail recipe, access to The Standard and access to member-exclusive inventory in Vinyl Me, Please’s online store. Pretty sweet deal!
11. MealPal (20 meals for $6/Meal): In case you can’t always take your fave person out for a meal, with MealPal, you CAN buy him or her lunch! The best part is the package for 20 meals a month nets out to less than $6 a meal. All he or she has to do is select their meal the day before, and come lunchtime, stroll out nearby to pick it up. Currently, MealPal is available in NYC, San Francisco, DC, Miami and Chicago.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.