Butter Up! 20 Crazy-Good Grilled Corn Recipes
Buh-bye, boiled corn. We’ve found something better — infinitely better. Since we’ve been grilling everything under the sun this season, from our breakfast to our fruit, we were thrilled to discover the smokey, grilled flavor of a slightly charred, sweet ear of corn. We know, it’s not hard to grill up good corn on the cob. But if you’re armed with the right recipe, good corn can transform into fantastic corn! Here are 20 crazy-good grilled corn recipes… because grills were made for so much more than burgers.
3. Grilled Corn on the Cob With Cilantro, Pesto, Chili and Parmesan: Smothered in spices and a hearty handful of parmesan, this grilled cob is perfection. (via Drizzle and Dip)
4. Grilled Corn on the Cob With Honey Butter: Found: the perfect side dish for your summer barbecue. A creamy honey butter perfectly complements the starchy sweetness of the corn. (via Picture Perfect Meals)
6. Zesty Grilled Corn: Pull that still-warm corn off the grill and kick up the heat with smoky paprika, crushed red pepper and lime zest. Now that’s the way to amp up a cob. (via Noshing with the Nolands)
7. Spicy Grilled Corn: Here’s a zesty spin on the classic grilled corn. Instead of boiling away all the flavor, place those cobs (still wearing their husks) directly on the grill. Bonus tip: Husking is much more simple when the corn is heated. (via Live Life and Good Food)
8. Grilled Herb Butter Corn: The smokiness of the grill pairs perfectly with sweet corn and a buttered herb sauce. This recipe suggests grilling the corn while still wearing their papery husks — just soak them in water first to prevent burning. (via Southern Fatty)
9. Mexican Grilled Corn on the Cob: Elote is the traditional name for Mexican corn that is slathered in mayonnaise and topped off with cotija cheese, lime and chili powder. Yes, please. (via Jason and Shawnda)
11. Barbecue Grilled Corn With Garlic and Parmesan Cheese: All good things come with butter. And cheese. And garlic. No exception here! This ear is buttered up with a garlic mixture and garnished generously with parmesan, parsley and a pinch of crunchy sea salt. Prepare yourself to be accosted by raving foodies proclaiming, “I need that recipe!” (via Best Recipe Box)
15. Grilled Corn on the Cob With Jalapeño-Lime Aioli + Parmesan Cheese: The perfect technique for grilling corn involves aluminum foil. Grab a roll and get ready to chow the juiciest ear you’ve ever tasted. (via From Brazil to You)
17. Grilled Lime Corn and Queso Fresco: A basic summer staple just turned blissful. This recipe pulls from some Mexican flavors like lime, cumin and paprika for an exotic, kicked-up corn cob. (via Personal Chef Approach)
18. Grilled Corn With Basil and Gorgonzola: Grilled to perfection and smothered in a buttery Gorgonzola and basil mixture, this might just be the most delicious corn ever. You’ll never know ’til you try it. (via Coupon Clipping Cook)
20. Grilled Corn on the Cob Five Ways: Here’s inspiration for the fans who can’t wait to try ’em all. You’ve heard of a taco bar? Here’s a twist: the corn bar. Tons of butter and fresh toppings only make this basic food better. (via Food + Femininity)
We told you — no standard corn here! Which version are you dyin’ to get on your grill?
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!