10 Ways to Hack Your Cold Brew Coffee
For coffee lovers, the drink isn’t just for waking up or gaining energy… it’s a way of life. A major part of coffee’s surge in popularity is due to the availability of quality cold brew. Even if you don’t care for the stuff straight up, there are a ton of ways that you can transform that liquid gold into something that fits with your lifestyle and goes with your favorite coffee cake recipes — bonus! Whether you’re an at-home barista whipping up latte art or you’re loyal to your OG drip coffee pot perched on your coffee bar, you can appreciate the convenience of cold brew for summer. Keep reading for 10 ways to hack your cold brew coffee to keep cool and caffeinated all season long.
1. Bubble Iced Coffee: Bubble tea — meet iced coffee. If you’re looking for a fun project that combines your two favorite drinks, this one’s for you. You can take a trip to your local Asian market to pick up the boba pearls and fat straws or order them online if you have a bit more patience. (via Hummingbird High)
2. Cold Brew and Bourbon Cocktail: Imagine your perfect post-dinner beverage. If it involves bourbon, coffee and maple syrup (it does) then you need to check this one out. You can even easily adjust the recipe to feed a crowd for a dinner party. (via The Homemade Haus)
4. Eiskaffe: If you’re familiar with affogato (a shot of espresso poured over vanilla ice cream), it’s time to meet Eiskaffe. It’s the same idea as an affogato, but uses *gelato* with cold brew coffee on top. The result is a creamy and frothy treat that is unforgettable. Top with homemade whipped cream and crushed espresso beans to finish. (via Java Cupcake)
5. Coffee Tonic: Talk about a refreshing drink to beat the heat. Sometimes you want to have your coffee, but also something fizzy and invigorating to cool you off. The coffee tonic has been a hipster coffee shop staple for a while, but lucky for you, it’s a breeze to make at home. (via Well Nesting)
6. Cold Brew Caramel Frappuccino: Let’s be real, that Starbucks addiction is real and really pricey. Once you make your own frappuccino at home, you may never want to go back to the drive-thru. Plus, this version is vegan and GF so it’s healthier as well. (via Minimalist Baker)
7. Latte Ice Cubes: If only making a frappe was as easy as blending up a few ice cubes… oh wait, it is! Layering milk and cold brew in ice trays means you can have a chilly frappuccino whenever you like. (via Imma Eat That)
8. Long Island Iced Coffee: In true L.I.T. fashion, this coffee version of the cocktail packs a major boozy punch. You just might want to skip this one as a nightcap (please see: caffeine ;) (via Supergolden Bakes)
9. Skinny Cold Brew Coffee Protein Shake: Morning workouts call for *lots* of coffee and a protein-filled recovery drink. This genius shake combines both with protein powder, cold brew coffee and almond milk. (via The Skinny Fork)
10. Turmeric Tea Latte: Turmeric is having a moment right now. The list of its nutritional benefits is a mile long, but you may be wondering how to incorporate it into your regular routine. The easiest way? Your AM cuppa. Simply infuse whatever milk you use with the turmeric and add it to your cold brew as normal! (via Camille Styles)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.