10 Ways to Hack Your Cold Brew Coffee
For coffee lovers, the drink isn’t just for waking up or gaining energy… it’s a way of life. A major part of coffee’s surge in popularity is due to the availability of quality cold brew. Even if you don’t care for the stuff straight up, there are a ton of ways that you can transform that liquid gold into something that fits with your lifestyle and goes with your favorite coffee cake recipes — bonus! Whether you’re an at-home barista whipping up latte art or you’re loyal to your OG drip coffee pot perched on your coffee bar, you can appreciate the convenience of cold brew for summer. Keep reading for 10 ways to hack your cold brew coffee to keep cool and caffeinated all season long.
1. Bubble Iced Coffee: Bubble tea — meet iced coffee. If you’re looking for a fun project that combines your two favorite drinks, this one’s for you. You can take a trip to your local Asian market to pick up the boba pearls and fat straws or order them online if you have a bit more patience. (via Hummingbird High)
2. Cold Brew and Bourbon Cocktail: Imagine your perfect post-dinner beverage. If it involves bourbon, coffee and maple syrup (it does) then you need to check this one out. You can even easily adjust the recipe to feed a crowd for a dinner party. (via The Homemade Haus)
4. Eiskaffe: If you’re familiar with affogato (a shot of espresso poured over vanilla ice cream), it’s time to meet Eiskaffe. It’s the same idea as an affogato, but uses *gelato* with cold brew coffee on top. The result is a creamy and frothy treat that is unforgettable. Top with homemade whipped cream and crushed espresso beans to finish. (via Java Cupcake)
5. Coffee Tonic: Talk about a refreshing drink to beat the heat. Sometimes you want to have your coffee, but also something fizzy and invigorating to cool you off. The coffee tonic has been a hipster coffee shop staple for a while, but lucky for you, it’s a breeze to make at home. (via Well Nesting)
6. Cold Brew Caramel Frappuccino: Let’s be real, that Starbucks addiction is real and really pricey. Once you make your own frappuccino at home, you may never want to go back to the drive-thru. Plus, this version is vegan and GF so it’s healthier as well. (via Minimalist Baker)
7. Latte Ice Cubes: If only making a frappe was as easy as blending up a few ice cubes… oh wait, it is! Layering milk and cold brew in ice trays means you can have a chilly frappuccino whenever you like. (via Imma Eat That)
8. Long Island Iced Coffee: In true L.I.T. fashion, this coffee version of the cocktail packs a major boozy punch. You just might want to skip this one as a nightcap (please see: caffeine ;) (via Supergolden Bakes)
9. Skinny Cold Brew Coffee Protein Shake: Morning workouts call for *lots* of coffee and a protein-filled recovery drink. This genius shake combines both with protein powder, cold brew coffee and almond milk. (via The Skinny Fork)
10. Turmeric Tea Latte: Turmeric is having a moment right now. The list of its nutritional benefits is a mile long, but you may be wondering how to incorporate it into your regular routine. The easiest way? Your AM cuppa. Simply infuse whatever milk you use with the turmeric and add it to your cold brew as normal! (via Camille Styles)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)