22 Summer Kicks for the Lazy Girl Within All of Us
Effortless maxi dresses, one-and-done jumpsuits and an arsenal of foolproof t-shirt and bottom pairings — to say your lazy girl capsule wardrobe was shaping up to be pretty on-point this summer would be an understatement. And that’s kind of a big deal, because between pool dates, barbecues and a slew of “I dos,” — oh, and that little thing called work — you’re not going to have a ton of free time on your hands to spend putting together a painstakingly perfect #OOTD. You have all your bases covered, so now it’s time to focus in on all the details that will give your getup that It-girl edge. First stop: the footwear department.
Bonafide lazy girls know that fussy embellishments are a major no-no (ain’t nobody got time for that), making streamlined designs that don’t disappoint on the style front a must. Luckily, slides, mules and no-tie kicks are the shoe de resistance this summer, AKA the dream. We’ve curated the best of the bunch to get your new-season style off on the right foot. Scroll on for 22 lazy girl-approved steppers that are guaranteed to make your Insta proud.
1. TheWhiteBrand Black Beach Please Slider Flat Sandals ($30): These throw-on-and-go slides don’t beat around the bush — it’s the beach or bust. Even if you’re not planning on a lazy day of lounging in the sand, they’ll add a playful punch to an everyday tee-and-jeans routine.
2. Jeffrey Campbell Parche Sneakers ($180): Enter the pop art kicks you’ll find any excuse to pull out. Making a major argument for forgoing espadrilles and your classic Converse sneakers, the ultra bright patches will make even the most basic of getups feel #OOTD-approved in seconds.
3. Birkenstock Metallic Arizona Slide ($135): Birks are basically the be-all-end-all of lazy-girl dressing, which makes this copper pair the holy grail of your capsule wardrobe. Be it a chill sesh by the pool or brunch with the girls, they’re sure to inspire a few double taps no matter where you go.
4. Matiko Sea Sandals ($148): Typically we’d say flip-flops are off the table, but this bright suede and leather pair is just too good to pass up. The sophisticated styling means you can take ’em along to the office if you feel so inclined, or simply play into their laid-back appeal with shortalls and a flirty off-the-shoulder top.
so right now.
6. Dolce Vita Payce Sandal ($100): Do sensible shoes your way this season with these slide-on sandals. Between the metallic and snake detailing and minimalist design, they’re just what your closet has been missing. They’re a shoo-in for your desk-to-drinks routine, so style ’em alongside a streamlined jumpsuit and modern baubles FTW.
7. Teva Original Universal Marbled Pink Flat Sandals ($57): Athleisure on lock — do the whole sports-chic thing right with these marbled pink Tevas that are guaranteed to get you up and moving. Take them out for an early-morning seaside stroll, or wear them while running errands (bomber jacket in tow) for a no-fuss look that isn’t messing around.
the shoe to look to if you dig those traditional vibes, but still want to make a subtle statement. Style ’em with cutoff denim and a semi-sheer tunic, with a skinny scarf thrown in for good measure.
9. Nightwalker Empire II Flat ($185): Fusing two of summer’s biggest trends — prairie chic and mules — these suede stunners swoop in for the sartorial win. Crochet tops and ditsy floral dresses are definitely in order.
10. Mango Appliqué Leather Sandals ($60): If you need one more reason to finally send those flip-flops packing, these DDG steppers are it. Between the circular detailing and super sleek design, they’re going straight after your minimalist heart. Proceed to style them with a bodysuit (bonus points for daringly low backs) and pleated accordion skirts for a getup that gets it right day or night.
not sorry that these knotted Birkenstock-inspired steppers are going to dominate your style repertoire all summer long. When lace-ups feel like way too much effort pre-coffee, pair these one-and-done slides with a linen romper and tassel ear jackets for a flawless outfit that can be styled on the fly.
12. J.Crew Bali Tortoise Slides ($88): The key to a seaside ensemble that stays true to your sophisticated sense of style? These tortoise slides. They’re practically begging to be paired with a glamorous one-piece and dramatic cat-eye shades for an afternoon spent lazing by the pool, umbrella drink in hand.
13. Dolce Vita Javier Sandals ($70): Blending in isn’t on the agenda with these ah-mazingly orange slides in tow. Now all that’s missing is a twirl-worthy A-line dress, straw bag and bright, scene-stealing pedi.
14. Jeffrey Campbell Perpetua Mules ($110): We’re calling it now: These pretty pastel mules are about to become your new hero piece. Wear ’em on the job with structured culottes and a cold-shoulder top, then make them the centerpiece of an elevated off-duty look, styling them alongside a t-shirt dress and messy topknot.
15. Zara Knot Detail Slides ($26): Partnered with a graphic maxi and wide-brim straw hat, these next-level knotted wedges will fast become the cornerstone of endless #OOTDs. Bringing its A game to dressed-down duds and fancy finery alike, they’re a shoo-in for just about everything on your agenda.
16. Urban Outfitters Val Leather Slide ($39): DO keep these strappy slides on standby for a laid-back chic look. Whether you’re stepping out in high-waisted shorts and a flirty ruffled top or a romper with athleisure appeal, you’ll reach for these bad boys every single time.
17. Madewell Thea Sandal ($98): Who doesn’t love a piece that packs serious wear-with-anything potential? Pound the pavement or the boardwalk with these luxe tonal flats that will make skinny jeans and sundresses feel like a million bucks.
18. ASOS Jazzlyn Espadrilles ($20): Step aside, Stan Smiths — these dreamy tie-dyed sneakers are about to become our kicks of choice for everything from chillin’ in the park to firing up the grill. The sneaker-meets-espadrille styling adds a note of free-wheelin’ flair to elegant closet essentials, and plays nicely with denim jackets and super chill joggers.
19. Kurt Geiger Miss KG Dandelion Sandals ($75): Straight-up stun is what these 3D slides do best. Be it leather Bermudas, a chambray jumpsuit or a ’90s-inspired halter dress, there’s nothing off limits where these low-lying numbers are concerned.
so on board. Don’t say we didn’t warn you — you just might want to skip summer (shocking!) and head straight into winter.
21. Restricted On & Off Footbed ($50): It doesn’t get much more iconic than this. Retro appeal and comfy cork soles make these timeless slip-on sandals obligatory in every beach bag. Team them with a Breton stripe two-piece and bandana for endless French-girl vibes.
22. Zara Ring Detail Espadrilles ($70): Cramp your style? These edgy espadrilles wouldn’t dare. Studded with silver grommets, they’re destined for sartorial greatness whether you pair them with suiting separates or a lace-up shirt dress.