11 Surf + Turf Recipes for a Romantic Summer Date Night
Nothing shows romantic interest quite like shelling out big bucks for steak and lobster for you and your date. If surf and turf is your weakness, you don’t have to make reservations and save for weeks to curb your craving. A summer date night at home is more special than going to a fancy restaurant anyway, and the menu options are *way* broader. If you want to combine your love for pizza, shrimp, and steak, you can do that. If a burger piled with crab gets you drooling, go for it! Scroll down for 11 surf and turf recipes for a romantic summer date night.
1. The Surf and Turf Lobster Burger With Chive Beurre Blanc: It’s no secret that lobster can be pricey. Thankfully, if you make it at home, it becomes much more affordable. Pop it on top of a juicy burger and douse in a chive butter sauce before chowing down. (via Honest Cooking)
2. Kalbi Steak and Coconut Shrimp: Treat your staycation like it’s the most luxurious beach trip you’ve ever been on. This tender steak with mango and coconut shrimp is sure to make you and your date feel like you’re dining seaside. (via Flirting With Flavor)
4. Surf and Turf Kabobs With Pina Colada Sauce: If anything makes cooking your own surf and turf approachable, it’s serving it on a stick. While they’re grilling, whip up that mouth-watering coconut-pineapple sauce to dunk your shrimp and steak in. (via Oh Sweet Basil)
5. Spicy Surf and Turf Caesar Salad: Perhaps a relaxed lunch date in the park is more your speed. Grab a baguette and pack some sparkling water in your picnic basket to accompany this light surf and turf Caesar salad. (via Cotter Crunch)
6. Surf and Turf for Two: Unless you want a ton of leftovers to eat the next day (steak and eggs, anyone?), filet mignon is the way to go. Sear off a few scallops on the side and serve with a dollop of creamy mashed potatoes. (via Iowa Girl Eats)
7. Surf and Turf Melt: You may shudder at the thought of wasting your precious lobster tail and filet on a (gulp) sandwich, but hear us out. If you’re hosting a double date with your bestie, this method keeps things fun and casual AND you get more bang for your buck. (via Sweet Phi)
9. Steak and Lobster With Spicy Roasted Garlic Chimichurri Butter: This decadent combo is your go-to when you really want to impress. (via Half Baked Harvest)
10. Surf and Turf Tacos With Chimichurri Aioli and Crispy Onions: It’s time to call up your favorite taco truck and tell them you found someone else. (via Cooking With Cocktail Rings)
11. Surf and Turf Quinoa Bowls With Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette: If you and your date have been kicking your butts in the gym (go you!), this lean quinoa bowl won’t undo all of your hard work. Top with creamy avocado and juicy cherry tomatoes for a fresh bite. (via Cooking and Beer)
Follow us on Pinterest for more romantic date night ideas!