27 Essentials for a Delicious Super Bowl Dinner Party
It’s not just anySuper Bowl this year: It’s Super Bowl 50. To celebrate this momentous anniversary of America’s number one unofficial holiday, take your food game to the next level. Food vendors at Super Bowl venue Levi’s Stadium will be serving lucky football fans some gourmet grub, like lobster and truffle mac n’ cheese (we’ll give you a minute to imagine how delicious that is). Follow their lead and think less traditional Super Bowl appetizers, and more epicurean dinner party hits that guests can savor. Whether you’re attending a dinner party or hosting, these goodies are necessity-level additions.
1. Craft a Brew Hefeweizen Beer Brewing Kit ($45): Since watching football is practically synonymous with beer, there’s got to be some (or many) cold brews at your dinner party. Set aside the boring beer and give this tasty homemade brew a try. This hefeweizen kit comes with everything you need to whip up a batch of this yummy German beer.
2. Liber and Co. Real Grenadine ($7): Since not everyone who loves football loves to drink (some of us have early morning jobs we gotta get to, guys), this real-deal grenadine is a no-brainer addition to your festivities. Bonus: It’s perfect for Shirley Temples if you’re throwing a family-friendly bash.
3. Lillie’s Q. BBQ Sauce Trio ($24): BBQ and the Super Bowl go together like peanut butter and jelly. Your guests will think you’re a BBQ pro with this trio that has something for everyone’s taste preferences. The Carolina region sauces will be even more festive for Panthers fans. Broncos lovers, we won’t tell anyone.
4. For the Host Paddle Cutting Board and Utensil Set ($45): It’s a shame that there isn’t more pink involved in the Super Bowl. Subtly introduce this classically feminine color to the game by using this cutting board and utensil set to prepare some dinner party favorites.
6. Grow and Make DIY Hot Sauce Kit ($34): If you’re gonna have BBQ, you’ve gotta have hot sauce. Whether you shake some on pulled pork sliders or veggie tacos, something spicy to wash down with cold beer is a Super Bowl staple.
7. The Truck Food Cookbook by John T. Edge ($19): All of the recipes in this cookbook are delicious, easy and portable. It’s exactly the kind of impressive, crowd-friendly food you’ll want for Super Bowl Sunday.
8. Bacon Nation by Peter Kaminsky and Marie Rama ($15): Bacon? Yes, please! While bacon is always delicious, Super Bowl Sunday is a day for indulging, thus making it the perfect excuse to add a little extra bacon to your life.
9. Fishs Eddy Cheer Up Tray ($10): If you’re serving appetizers, this tray is the best way to do it. As your guests slowly nibble away at your delicious food, the message on the bottom of the tray will eventually be revealed. And, hey, one team has to be the loser, so at some point there will definitely be some guests that need cheering up.
10. Big Mouth Inc Drink of Champions Mug ($10): If you’re up early to prep and cook, but can’t wait to start the Super Bowl fun, sip your coffee out of this mug to be filled with sporty vibes from the moment you wake up.
11. Grow and Make DIY Mustard Making Kit ($40): You’re already putting in a lot of effort to throw an amazing dinner party, so don’t let your sausages or sliders drown in regular old mustard. Pick up this kit and make your very own out-of-this-world mustard.
12. Crisp & Co. Pickles Variety Pack ($35): This set of three pickle varieties is ideal for Super Bowl-esque festivities — add them to hamburgers or put them out as yummy appetizers. It’s a win-win.
13. Hella Bitters Aromatic Bitters ($18): These beauties are made for at-home cocktail aficionados, so if you’re taking your celebrations in a fancier direction this year, these bitters are where it’s at. They’re perfect for adventurous cooking too.
14. Craft a Brew Irish Stout Brewing Kit ($45): There’s always plenty of bland beer, so sprinkle some homemade goodness among the more basic varieties with this at-home Irish stout brewing kit.
15. W and P Mason Jar Cocktail Shaker ($29): Keep it real and rustic with this mason jar drink shaker. Super Bowl Sunday isn’t simply a time for gold and bling — it’s a time for some no-frills ‘Merican fun, and this shaker fits in perfectly.
16. Manready Mercatile Gentleman’s Glassware ($36): These babies are hand-dipped in a black polymer to give a melted wax feel and add extra durability. If you want to surprise your bae with a random gift before the big game, these are it, my friend.
17. White Whale Filthy Liar Gin Mixer ($11): Plain beer? No, thank you. This gin mixer is here to save the day and spice up your life — just add gin and you’re ready to rock and roll, delicious drink in hand.
18. Ficks Hangover Preventative Cocktail Fortifier ($13): The only bummer about Super Bowl Sunday is that it’s on a Sunday. Make sure you don’t hate yourself at work on Monday by adding just a few drops of this hangover preventative to your drinks on the big day.
19. American Design Club Coast to Coast Coasters ($32): No matter what conference your favorite team is from, they’re all represented with these cheeky Coast to Coast coasters. Your guests can even enjoy their drinks atop the coaster that reps their fave team’s location!
20. World’s Greatest Beer Coasters by Iskelter ($35): Beer, beer, beer and more beer: These are about as perfectly suited for the Super Bowl as it gets. Each coaster celebrates the glory of beer across the world in a unique way.
21. Mascarpone and Burrata Cheese Kit ($25): Cheese and crackers are the quintessential hours d’oeuvre loved by all. With this kit you can serve up a delicious snack with a delicious DIY spin. Winning!
22. Bourbon Bacon Caramel Corn ($10): This isn’t just any caramel corn: It’s bacon caramel corn. Who knew such a perfect salty and sweet snack combo existed? Wow your next crop of party guests with this whimsical treat.
23. Cinnamon Raisin Bread Kit ($9): Make your own bread that’s so good, it’s practically cinnful (LOL, get it?). Serve it up crostini style next to some goat cheese or brie and apples for the perfect party snack.
24. Gluten-Free Pretzels ($36): Gluten free doesn’t have to mean missing out. This set of three delicious takes on pretzels — white and dark chocolate sprinkle and toffee — aren’t to be missed, regardless of gluten preference.
25. Spicy Maya Drinking Chocolate ($16): Why not drink your party snack? This delicious and slightly spicy treat is a great way to warm up your guests as they arrive at your viewing party after just being out in the winter cold.
26. Mina Harissa Sauce ($25): Basic sauces beware: Mina Harissa is in town. This set of three spicy sauces is great for everything from marinades to veggie dips.
27. Spicy Mustard ($28): Bread, pickles and mustard are a match made in heaven. This set of four mustard varieties is all the sauce you need to set up the perfect sample platter.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)