It’s hard to resist the sweet and salty allure of teriyaki sauce, whether totally homemade or a store-bought variety. These 16 recipes go beyond the usual teriyaki chicken bento box and venture into tasty new territory. Burgers, ribs, skewers, snack mixes and much more are all waiting for you below. Get those Pin buttons ready!
4. Crock Pot Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin: This lean, slow-cooked tenderloin tastes a lot richer than it is courtesy of teriyaki sauce and pineapple. Serve it on top of a bowl of rice, or wrap it up in tortillas with some cilantro and sliced jalapeños for an Asian fusion taco night. (via Recipe Diaries)
7. Zucchini Noodles Teriyaki Chicken, Bok Choy and Corn: Chockfull of veggies, this is a teriyaki chicken bowl you can feel good about enjoying whenever the mood strikes. (via Inspiralized)
8. Broccoli + Tofu Teriyaki Bowl: This soba noodle bowl combines cubes of tasty baked tofu and roasted broccoli, all drizzled with a spicy, homemade teriyaki sauce. As you can probably imagine, there’s a ton of flavor in every bite. (via Emma’s Little Kitchen)
11. Bacon Avocado Teriyaki Burger: A slick of horseradish-enhanced mayo, creamy avocado, crisp bacon, teriyaki mushrooms and cheese make plain ol’ beef patties sing. Wouldn’t you just love to sink your teeth into that burger? (via What’s Up Buttercup?)
13. Grilled Teriyaki Tofu Lettuce Wraps: Between the grilled pineapple, zucchini and teriyaki-marinated tofu, there’s enough going on in these wraps that you won’t even notice the absence of meat. (via Oh My Veggies)
14. Teriyaki Shrimp Tacos With Grilled Pineapple Salsa: Mmm hmm, teriyaki-marinated shrimp get tossed on the grill and folded into corn tortillas along with lime crema, creamy avocado, cilantro and a smokey pineapple salsa made with jalapeños and onions. (via Billy Parisi)
15. Teriyaki Chicken Sushi: We all have (or are) that friend who orders a teriyaki bento box while the rest of the group chooses a selection of rolls. There’s nothing wrong with that, but now no one gets left out of the sushi fun. (via My Fangalicious)
16. Chicken Teriyaki Burgers: A lot of love goes into forming these chicken teriyaki patties, making them moist and flavorful. Coupled with caramelized onions, grilled pineapple and Swiss cheese, they’re sure to make you swoon. (via Port and Fin)
How do you get saucy with teriyaki? Share your recipes with us in the comments below!