12 Easy Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes (That Aren’t Pie!)
As we head into pie season (AKA Thanksgiving), we’ve got tips for mastering the perfect crust, serious decorating inspo to take your pies to the next level, and ideas for twists on a classic. But if you’re not totally feeling the pie this season, or just want to offer something a little different at your Thanksgiving dinner, we have a *ton* of ideas. From scrumptious showstoppers to easy-peasy dessert recipes that won’t take your attention away from the turkey prep, these seasonal sweets are sure to be a hit with even the biggest pie enthusiasts at your table.
1. Naked Applesauce Cake: Who needs pie when you could have cake? This gorgeous sugar-dusted treat has tasty applesauce to give it fall flavors, and doesn’t need icing to look festive. Dress it up with some holiday decorations to usher in the season. (via Brit + Co)
2. Pumpkin Roll: Pumpkin pie, who? No one will miss it if you’ve got this mouthwatering pumpkin roll to take its place. It’s filled with cream cheese frosting, and the recipe even has a step-by-step video tutorial to lead you in the right direction. Plus, it’s so pretty it could stand in as your centerpiece (for about two seconds before everyone devours it). (via Gimme Some Oven)
3. Pear Chocolate Hazelnut Gianduja Cake: This layer cake is super moist, thanks to grated pear in the batter. It all gets sandwiched together with a rich sour cream and gianduja frosting. (via Style Sweet CA)
4. Cranberry Orange Trifle: After all the turkey, stuffing, and potatoes, you might want to finish things off on a lighter note. Enter: this refreshing trifle, with layers of vanilla cake, creamy pudding, and plenty of fruit. The recipe calls for boxed cake mix and pudding, so it’s a great option for beginning cooks. (via The Recipe Rebel)
5. Apple Spice Bundt Cake With Caramel Frosting: We love a big slice of this after dinner, but it’s also perfect for brunch or afternoon coffee get-togethers the rest of the holiday weekend. Bonus: There’s a layer of cream cheese frosting hiding inside. (via My Recipes)
6. Vegan Chai Ice Cream: It’s never too cold for ice cream, especially one like this that’s filled with cozy winter spices. Made with homemade cashew milk, this treat is so creamy you won’t even miss the dairy. (via Minimalist Baker)
7. Chocolate Ginger Molasses Cookies: If a soft gingersnap and a chewy chocolate chip cookie had a baby, this is what you’d get. Serve it with coffee as a tasty yet simple ending. (via Well Plated)
8. Cardamom Pear Upside-Down Cake: This cake looks fancy, but it’s easier to prepare than you think. It also only requires one bowl, so it won’t add to your mountain of dinner dishes. (via Fix Feast Flair)
9. Cranberry White Chocolate Chip and Macadamia Nut Cookies: These treats will be the MVP of your holiday season. Serve them at your next dinner gathering, bring them to the neighborhood potluck and office holiday party, or tuck a couple into school lunches. That is, if you don’t eat them all yourself first. (via Foodiecrush)
10. Quick and Easy Honey Pear Tart: If you’re looking for a showstopper but don’t have a ton of time or energy, check out this recipe. The secret behind it is store-bought puff pastry. Top with pears, honey, almonds, and sea salt, and you’re good to go. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
11. Chocolate-Dipped Coffee Roasted Pumpkin Seed Snack Clusters: We think these flavorful little bites would be right at home alongside an after-dinner plate of cheeses and a bottle of port. The nuts get roasted in a salty-sweet spice and coffee mixture, and then drizzled in rich chocolate. They’re also a great option to bring as a hostess gift or instead of a bottle of wine. (via Half-Baked Harvest)
12. Easy Cinnamon Apple Crisp: Sometimes there’s just no substitute for a classic, especially with a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Look for baking apples like Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Pink Ladies to go under the blanket of brown sugar and oat topping. Yum. (via Cafe Delites)
Follow us on Pinterest for tons of Thanksgiving and holiday ideas.