The BritList: Illustrated Mashups, Throw & Grow Confetti, and More
Top of the morning to you Brit + Co. readers. This week’s been all over the map, from brussels sprouts to typography, with about 40 doorstops in between. But what about all of the other good stuff we’ve stumbled across online this week? Duh, that’s why we invented the BritList! Here’s our latest roundup or randomness.
1. Crowd-Sourced Music Video: How often do you rock out with your mouse? Not often enough, especially for how much time you probably spend listening to music on your computer. This music video, entitled Do Not Touch for the song Kilo by Light Light, empowers your cursor and lets you feel a sense of community while you watch the video. At any given moment, thousands of fellow cursors will be mousing over the same part of the video as you.
2. DIY iPillow: Apple adorableness alert!
3. Dino Cob Holders: Currently in concept mode, these gorgeous corn on the cob holders would definitely take your summer barbecues to a decidedly chic level.
4. Dove Real Beauty Sketches: This incredible campaign by Dove is definitely a tearjerker. A police sketch artist sits down and sketches the same woman twice, once as described by the woman herself and once as described by a stranger who just met her. The results are pretty mind boggling.
5. Illustrated Pop Culture Mashups: This might be our favorite new Tumblr. Artist Justin Hager has created (and is creating) a series of illustrated pop culture mashups. Zach Morrissey? Time out!
7. Nexersys Home Boxing Unit: At first glance, $3,000 might seem like a lot to play for an exercise machine. But, just think of all the boxing you could do, on your own time no matter what comes up in your schedule! Touted as delivering the benefits of a personal trainer, high-intensity interval training, with 7 strike pads with 3 axis accelerometers, this boxing machine is definitely stacked.
8. Throw & Grow Confetti: As much as confetti is awesome, it’s not so awesome when it turns into litter in the great outdoors. That’s why we’re loving Throw & Grow confetti, confetti made out of seed paper. Throw it anywhere and wildflowers will grow!
9. Sh*tSenders.com: This has to be one of the most messed up things we’ve seen in a while. It’s a site that lets you anonymously send you-know-what to whoever you want. Wtf?
10. Resignation Cake: Now this is a resignation we can get behind!
14. Nostalgic-Looking Quotes: We love the old timey feel of these iconic quotes.
15. Kodak Wrist Kiosk: How much do you wish this wasn’t an April Fools Joke?! We would print teeny tiny photos ALL the time!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)