The BritList: The Karl Lagerfeld Barbie, Chocolate Toilets and More
What do cats wearing watermelon hats, nut-hugging bear cookies and a chocolate toilet have in common? Today’s Britlist, duhhhh! We’re going for full nostalgia today with not one but two nods to LEGOs and Barbie. Now, let’s get on with it.
1. Shut the Front Door Pencil Set ($8): Already back at school? Shut the front dooooor! ;) Though it’s probably been a while since you used a classic #2 pencil, these would make a great gift for the academic in your life.
Speaking of academics, our latest LEGO crush comes in the form of @LegoAcademics. This Twitter account is run by the female academics of the Lego Research Institute and depicts them taking on modern academia. So good.
3. Nut-Hugging Bear Cookies: What. Yes. This is real. Little itty bitty bear cookies baked to look like they are hugging almonds and cashews.
4. Cats Wearing Watermelon Hats: I know what you’re thinking. A cat wearing a watermelon or lime or fruit helmet is such old news. BUT, we beg to differ. What about three cats wearing watermelon hats in a simultaneously really boring and really amazing one-minute film? Yeah, that’s what we thought.
5. Karl Lagerfeld Barbie: Not a Lagerfeld Ken, but a Barbie. And so begins our newly reignited obsession with Mattel.
6. A Chocolate Toilet: Actually, not just a toilet. This image is from a whole bathroom suite made entirely out of Belgian Chocolate and priced at $133,000. But really, can you put a price on something like this? #ew!
8. Birdhouse Bookshelf ($90): How cute is this? Use it to store books, sketchbooks or your favorite periodicals.
Yes — more LEGO! This time, it’s in the form of a building that is set to open in 2016 in Denmark and will be an “experience center” designed to provide creative learning activities to kids. (h/t Designboom)
10. Be a Barbie Girl: Lastly, a brand new way to BE Barbie has just been announced. Wildfox, Lord & Taylor and Forever 21 have all signed up to create collections inspired by Barbie in the ’50s, ’80s and ’90s. Yessss to the ’90s.
What’s the coolest thing you’ve seen online this week? Share it with us by giving a shout to @britandco on Twitter!