The BritList: Tetris Lighting, Muppet Babies & More
Can you believe it’s August 24th? Where did the summer run off to? As fall approaches, we’re thinking about healthy and sweet lunchbox snacks, swooning over non-traditional engagement rings, and taking advantage of all the fresh fruit we can get in the form of berry mojito slushies. Here are 10 things that didn’t quite fit into this week’s articles, but definitely made us look.
1. Floor Plans of TV’s Best Homes: THe minute we saw this we thought to ourselves, how can we recreate the set of Friends right here at Brit HQ?
2. Tetris Constructable Light: We’ve seen our share of Tetri-inspired objects, but this one has quickly made it to the top of our wish list. Made of seven interlocking pieces, you can stack your light in any combination and only turns on when pieces are stacked together. These aren’t quite ready to ship, but will be in stock over on Amazon in late October.
4. Literary Jukebox: A simple project that pairs a daily quote with a thematically matched song, the Literary Jukebox is one that made us look, listen, and read.
5. Pencil Pushers: Oh Bakerella, you’ve done it again. These almost make us wish we were going back to school!
6. Dog Shaming: As Brit’s darling pup Pixel goes through his teenage months, eating one passport, book, and pillow at a time, we turn our attention to Dog Shaming. This blog definitely made us giggle.
7. The Dipr: Umm, a spoon designed specifically for Oreos? While the concept of “no sticky fingers” and a “germ-free dunking experience” doesn’t quite sell us, this is a pretty hilarious gadget and one we might have to test drive here at HQ.
9. Logitech Washable Keyboard: No matter how clean you think you are, it’s likely your keyboard has started to look a little grimy. You’ve tried taking a q-tip to it to clean in between the keys, but nothing quite does the trick and those drops of Dr. Pepper are starting to look petrified. Get yourself a sleek washable keyboard!